Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin

Article about: Thank you everyone.

Thank you everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin
    P
    Many

for the sake of discussion, and in my opinion the pin which started the thread is absolutely original.

There were several known manufacturers of this pin.

one sold by John T shown here: Flemish Allgemeine-SS "SS BL" Financial Supporter's Badge

another unmarked example sold by emedals here: A Flemish Allgemeine-SS "SS BL" Financial Supporter's Badge

now, there is another unmarked pin shown in this thread which clearly is a different maker. Iit should be pointed out that the "L" is an entirely different shape. Once again, there were several known makers of this type of piece and here is an accepted "Zoll" marked example which I picked up years ago. Note the shape of the "L" and compare it to another accepted original.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin   Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin  

Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin   Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin  

I myself have a badge which is similar to the one which started the thread. You can see we have hand-cut enamel, not a machine-made fake.

It's "L" is just like the Zoll marked piece above IMO and there's nothing wrong with that.

and for me, the fact the reverse hardware looks a little foreign compared to a German produced RZM lapel of the era is a good thing as these WERE foreign.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin   Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin  

as far as pin attachment types there are several. This is a foreign product, and not under RZM control. Here is another variation of a reverse pin, this time on the other style "L"

once again, just a maker and hardware variation but I wouldn't dismiss this piece as a fake either. Entirely different hand-cut "B" in the enamel area.

William Kramer

another original, but variation in the obverse design characteristics.

Same design as this one shown here on WAF:

ss BL pin -

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

William Kramer

and that brings me to this photo of a guy's collection of these style of pins. I'm not saying a collection can't have fakes in it but the guy seems pretty specialized and appears to consider these originals. Here we have the pin back type just like the one which started the thread.

I note a few key features which match pretty closely on the ones I consider original.

William Kramer

and the one which started the thread.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beschermende Leden Flemish SS pin  

another unmarked example with the safety style reverse pin just like the one which started the thread, deemed original on WAF.

Bl ss pin & cuff link -

PLEASE NOTE THE OBVERSE IS IDENTICAL TO THE ZOLL MARKED PIECES WHICH ARE ACCEPTED ORIGINALS.

also included the "family photo" showing the reverses and in turn the "unmarked safety pin style" as an accepted original.

accepted again here:

SS BL Pin -

William Kramer

finally, a huge thread which shows a lot of variation:

SS FM and BL Update!!! -

so I apologize, but I disagree that the one which started the thread is a reproduction.

William Kramer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2