Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?

Article about: Hi! Can anyone please advice me on this SS Flag? I Have been told its the real und I would like to buy this flag. Is it real or fake? Thanks a lot for your opinions! Best regards Panzer

Default Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?

Hi!
    Can anyone please advice me on this SS Flag? I Have been told its the real und I would like to buy this flag. Is it real or fake? Thanks a lot for your opinions!
    Best regards Panzer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?   Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?  

Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?   Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?  

Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?   Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?
    P
    Many

I would like to see closer and clearer pictures of the grommets..

I have not seen this spread of grommets before and based on the placement this would be a vertical hanging banner..

With that said I have not seen too many SS flags where the SS runes are not enclosed in a white circle. There are some designs of the Runes that are without a white circle but they tend to be much longer and thinner..

I am not getting a good feeling.. But I am currently away from my flag reference material..

Be cautious when someone tells you it's real without some sort of direct provenance and even then be skeptical..

Smitty

This would be one of the easier banners to fake, so as Smitty says, insist on close up photos and inquire about any provenance.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

With that said I have not seen too many SS flags where the SS runes are not enclosed in a white circle. There are some designs of the Runes that are without a white circle but they tend to be much longer and thinner..
    These flags are around, probably more plentiful than the roundel one that you are referencing Smitty. The also did come in a variety of shapes and sizes, of course a lot better photos are needed to judge the authenticity of this one. They are used a lot at political events, Foreign unit rally's , swearing sermonise, Training camps (Bad Tölz ect)

Morris
    Some examples of the differing uses and shapes bellow.

?

A good friend had one of these. It was maybe 60% of the length of this banner. It had one good size Grommet in each corner.

Compared to the photos posted by Morris and the size of the Runes on the flag that was posted I am still skeptical..

@Morris

Thank you for the additional photos and I guess I should have elaborated a little more, that although I know that the larger Lager flags and some Concentration Camp flags were without the circled runes something about the size of these runes to me is suspicious, as well as the grommet fixtures..

Smitty

Good Morning!
    I asked the seller for the additional photos of the grommets. As soon as I get the photos I will add them here. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Fotos

He says, it comes from the collector from USA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?   Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?  

The seller says also there is an expert’s report. Can we trust this expertise?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big SS house flag 385 x 129 cm - real or fake?  

This expertise is from Kristian Anderson of the Oakleave Militaria USA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast