Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

Article about: Christian Weber was born August 25, 1883 in Polsingen and was one of Adolf Hitlers early confidantes and political associates, carrying Nazi Party membership #15. He was a brawler and early

?

Default Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

Christian Weber was born August 25, 1883 in Polsingen and was one of Adolf Hitlers early confidantes and political associates, carrying Nazi Party membership #15. He was a brawler and early protector of Adolf Hitler and was described as "one of Hitler's most despicable underlings". The person who uttered these words was the leader of the Bavarian League whom Hitler personally assaulted in 1921 and spent a month in prison from this action. They were so close that Weber was said to be one of the few men who could make fun of Hitler in his company.

Attachment 511392

A DARING BAND. Time: Autumm 1921. Location: Road to Tagernsee. 5 trucks with wild fellows. Unknown, unique, new flags. The men standing at the front are named: the one Körner, another Graf, the third Klintzsch, one Schreck, Hess, another, next to the last, Böckel, the last one Weber, the ringleader, however - the second in the row - is certain Adolf Hitler.

Attachment 511389

Hitler with his first driver Ernst Johann Haug Ulrich Graf, Hans Ulrich Klintzsch (first commander of the SA), Walter Buch and Christian Weber.
    This photo would be pre 1923 Putsch.

Attachment 511390

Christian Weber standing behind Himmler

Attachment 511391

After the Nazi's came to power Weber was appointed Stadtrat of Munich. Stadtrat (city councillor) was a position bestowed upon Alte Kameraden. Weber pretty much had the run of the city.

Attachment 511393

L to R: Stadtrat Graf, Oberbuergermeister Fiehler, Stadtrat Weber and Stadtrat Maurice - Oktoberfest München 1938.

Attachment 511394

During the Kristallnacht Weber took command of a group of SS men along with Hermann Fegelein to Planegg where they ransacked the estate of Jewish nobleman Baron Rudolf Hirsch. The estate would be taken into Weber's personal possession. During the Night of the Long Knives, Weber was among the SS men who travelled to Bad Wiessee to assist in the Röhm-Putsch

Hitler greeting his comrade Christian Weber; behind is Himmler, and Franz Xavier Schwartz; to the left is Julius Schaub.

Attachment 511395

Front row: Christian Weber, Goebbels, Streicher
    Background: Wilhelm Briemann, Jr., Robert Wagner, Karl Fiehler

Attachment 511396

Weber was clearly one of the top officials of the Party and was seen along with other top dignitaries. Here you can see Weber in the 2nd row beside Reinhard Heydrich and behind Neville Chamberlain.

Attachment 511397

Weber also headed the Amt des 8/9 November which was responsible for the awarding of the Blood Order, and organizing the November 9 anniversary marches and the security for Adolf Hitler at the Buergerbraeukeller. However November 8 1938 Georg Elser planted a bomb which narrowly missed Hitler, Himmler, Rosenberg and other top Nazi officials by 10 minutes and after this Hitler's security fell to the Munich Police during this event.

Weber to the left, on Hitlers right.

Attachment 511398

Weber's star faded after this but remained an important if not corrupt figure in Munich. He organized the Night of the Amazons, a days long festival which featured horse parades, naked women and heavy drinking in order to attract tourism. I believe my good friend RoyA and I would have attended had we been alive in the day.

Weber in the rear of the vehicle

Attachment 511399

Weber behind Himmler inspecting an SS Honor Guard.

Attachment 511400

But what Brigadefuhrer Weber, an avid horseman, former stableboy and love of horse racing, is most known for is being appointed the Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen, headed by his old friend Hermann Fegelein. The SS Riding School was opened in 1937 in Munich.

Weber giving the speech during the opening at the Grand Opening Ceremonies.

Attachment 511401

Other images during the opening ceremonies in which Weber is pictured.

Attachment 511402

Attachment 511403

Attachment 511404

Attachment 511405

Attachment 511406

Weber was without question an important figure in the upper echelon of the SS in the early pre-war days, as a long friend and "old fighter" with Hitler and his association within the SS.

Attachment 511407

One of the few items linked to Weber survives for posterity.

Attachment 511408

...and to my knowledge it is the only one of its kind.

Attachment 511409

...and whose history can be traced back decades, is published in 2 reference books on SS insignia and is uniform removed.

Attachment 511410

Here it is on display with period photos of the cuff title on his black dress uniform and an SS Riding Award. (I must admit, I do not know much about the riding award if anyone can help me. I have had it for ages.)

Attachment 511411

Many many thanks to Robert Hassler for offering me this one of a kind item from his personal collection, and to my good friend RoyA for his assistance in research and in finding many of the photos including the killer pic of the full cuff title in use.

I am not an expert on the personalities of the SS and Nazi Party, my research came from Wikipedia and Axis History Forum. I am sure there are those here who can enrich the historical part of the thread, please feel free and forgive any erroneous entries. I only strive to add some depth behind my items beyond simply photos, in the hope the historical aspect of the artifact can be shared and hopefully appreciated by all who read it as I enjoy from the study myself.

Weber from what I have found and read was a thug of a man, who used his position of power to his own end. It sounds no different than politicians or high government officials of today actually from what I have read. He was one of the original who changed the course of history, and no doubt had an evil influence on the fates of many.

I hope you enjoyed my little show.
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

Great thread Doug...very informative background to a cuff title of such rarity
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

A fascinating and absolutely unique one of a kind relic of an infamous and terrible figure of the Third Reich. I would only add that he was so hated in Munich that the war was not over even a week, before a group of Bavarians killed him in the beautiful locale of Swabian Alps on May 11,1945. A fairly "easy" end for someone who deserved so much worse...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Actually this is apparently incorrect, he was killed in an auto accident shortly after taken into captivity. The information on Wikipedia is apparently incorrect according to those on AHF. Myself, I do not know for certain, I have not read indepth on the man other than what I could find and was sent to me however, I agree that he was a hated and vilified figure.

?

Very informative- and a great item to have in your collection.

Weber's ultimate demise has been a subject of debate for some time now. Some do assert that he was being transported to prison after his arrest, but Charles Hamilton in his book "Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich" has him dying in the Munich Uprising. In any case, no matter which story is to be believed, Weber certainly died much more simply than he ever deserved! (I think a simple Traffic accident is an even Bigger insult to what he Should have had! Personally, I think he should have been put into a prison work camp and sweat that 350 pounds of lard (he was actually fatter than Goring!) off of him breaking stones in the prison yard Before he was ultimately hung...) He got lucky!
    William

?

I will have to track that book down and add it to the reading list. He could have been made to run around the horse track in Theresienwiese 10 laps every hour. Many of these personalities escaped the hangman's noose in the end.

Brigadefuhrer Weber, Inspekteur der SS-Reitschulen

1921 Road to Tagernsee...was this the actually first time the Nazi swasitka flag was seen by the general public as the photo caption implies?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hard to imagine such a motley and frankly silly looking bunch of layabouts could have ever gone on and caused such a bloody nightmare....

(And, as reprehensible as Weber was, I'd Still be quite glad to have his few baubles like his Coburg Badge, his #15 Gold Party Badge, his 1st issue Blood Order......maybe the armband in the 1st photo he has on....you know, just a few little things...)
    William

?

Congratulations Doug... another fine piece in your collection.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast