Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Cotton SS Armband

Article about: Hello everyone, Hope everyone is staying safe out there! I wanted to post an armband for discussion that I recently picked up. This particular one is produced in cotton, which I understand w

Default Cotton SS Armband

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is staying safe out there! I wanted to post an armband for discussion that I recently picked up. This particular one is produced in cotton, which I understand was for wear with the brownshirt. I have done some searching on past threads and believe this one to be good, since it is identical to the other original examples posted. personally, I am not a fan of the ink stamp on the armband, however the armband itself I like very much. the construction and materials seem to be consistent with other period examples and it does not glow under blacklight. please let me know what you guys think. I will include some links to previously posted threads that show examples identical to this one.

thanks everyone!

Early S.S. or S.A. Brownshirt armband

SS armband identification.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cotton SS Armband   Cotton SS Armband  

Cotton SS Armband   Cotton SS Armband  

Cotton SS Armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cotton SS Armband
    P
    Many

Any thoughts guys? This ones got me stumped.

?

Its a tough one. These were worn on the brownshirt, and they exist in more variations than the standard wool arm band. The one thing that really puts me off is the stamp, which is not an SS variety, and I think the black stripes may have been added later...

I'm not a fan of the ink stamp.. Of course there is just enough covered so you don't know what it says..

I have never seen this type of perched Eagle ink stamp with a swastika in the middle of the Eagle's chest other than with the German Red Cross...

Smitty

thanks for the opinions guys. when comparing the black stripes to the other examples in the links above, I do like what I see. that being said, I do think that someone has recently stamped the front with that horrible ink stamp, which as stated above, is surely not SS. I do like the overall construction of the armband and the materials used but I think that stamp will turn a lot of people off on this piece.

Andrew