Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Cuff Title For Opinion

Article about: Hi Folks- I found this pic in one of the pinned threads, and would love to know what people think of this cuff title. Its the only pic I have, and I'm not sure of the original source... Have

?

Default Cuff Title For Opinion

Hi Folks- I found this pic in one of the pinned threads, and would love to know what people think of this cuff title. Its the only pic I have, and I'm not sure of the original source...

Have at it!
    Arran.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cuff Title For Opinion 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuff Title For Opinion
    P
    Many

?

Which thread did you find it in? I might know the source.

?

It is post #93 in the thread entitled "SS RZM TAGS". It was posted by F-B, but I don't believe its in his collection...

Arran,
    It looks the same as the two other cuff titles of that particular Oberabschnitte that I have seen and that slightly blocky lettering was certainly used on other titles of that period ( circa 1940-1942). The two examples I mention are considered authentic I believe.
    However, most sources state that the Oberabschnitte only existed on paper, (my interests lie in the pre-war years so I can't really help with any documentation), but that said, a title could well have been manufactured regardless.
    The photograph below purports to show the band in wear but I must say I have always had my doubts about the authenticity of the image.
    Finally, the price seems a little high as most bands with that number of letters seem to have been half that price around 1940 but perhaps the prices escalated as the war progressed.
    That's about all I can offer you I'm afraid.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cuff Title For Opinion  

?

Thank you for the response. I also have my doubts about that photograph. The reason I posted this cuff title is that it is embroidered on a "controversial" variation of band material, often decried as fake, and characterized by a subtle "hounds tooth" pattern visible bordering the inner edge of the aluminum stripes. I'm still uncertain what to think, as I've seen some very nice cuff titles using this band material. If anyone has some experience in this area they could share, I'd be most interested!