Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

"Dachau" found insignia

Article about: I have spent over 45 years tracking down veterans. I tracked the members of the units of the 45th Infantry Division who liberated Dachau. I have purchased thousands of pieces of Dachau insig

Default "Dachau" found insignia

I have heard many many times about insignia being "Dachau" found.

I would really like any proof of this. Does anyone have any of the following:

1. Pictures of insignia being made or stored at Dachau.
    2. Some sort of testimony by US liberating forces talking about all the insignia they brought home from Dachau
    3. German orders or other paperwork ordering the manufacture or acknowledging the manufacture of insignia at Dachau.
    4. Testimony from camp survivors who actual made the insignia at Dachau.
    5. Any other info that will confirm this.

The only reason I ask is because I have yet to see, read, hear or find any of these things. Sometimes I find insignia that I would like to buy, but then I get the "Dachau" story and I am leery of it.

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Dachau" found insignia
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Dachau" found insignia

I am not a fan of these myself, but Dachau had a facility
    for making and distributing ss cloth insignia. Recently
    Robin Lumsden one of the biggest sceptics about this
    stuff, said he now believes in it. But there is a lot of
    fake/fantasy insignia said to have been found at Dachau
    so still not very clear as to whats good.
    Regards
    Mametz

So you understand my concern. I just want some proof about their production facility. It just bothers me that all this Dachau stuff looks like it was made yesterday and is all "too nice". I understand the story is that it is unissued, but then I just want more than a story.

?

Martin a friend of mine 's mother was a Nurse in WWII. She was one of the first US Nurses in Dachau. I have talked to her and yes they did have patches. She has brought home some of the Dachau patches, and was kind enough to give some of them to me. I have posted them in the past. I also have them in my photo album. Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Martin a friend of mine 's mother was a Nurse in WWII. She was one of the first US Nurses in Dachau. I have talked to her and yes they did have patches. She has brought home some of the Dachau patches, and was kind enough to give some of them to me. I have posted them in the past. I also have them in my photo album. Gary
    Excellent! This is the kind of info I was looking for! Thank You! I will look at your album.

-Martin

Hi Martin, there is nothing to worry about.

I have seen large hoards of this material purchased direct from US Veterans. Our Moderator here, Bob Hritz has purchased large amounts personally and I have seen his photos.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by RH1941 View Post

I just looked at your DACHAU pics, and very nice in deed.

Thanks for putting those up so that we all can see them..

Gary:
    How do I access your album?

?

Guys glad I could help. Here are some of those patches. I just got the three loose ones this weekend from my friend. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Dachau" found insignia   "Dachau" found insignia  

"Dachau" found insignia  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast