Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

The David Delich Collection comes to auction

Article about: The David Delich Collection comes to auction at Hermann Historica in October. A portion of our esteemed colleague F-B's collection will also be at auction. While this may be an auction that

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    bevo militaria.. just to name a few new dealers is part of the new greed. till it comes to your own stuff. then they say its worth dirt
    Thats the way they all operate, flog the sellers item and then try to get it for a song. Even when discussing with them an item they know you want but got it via another person, they flog the person and the item. Thats Steve Wolfes MO, he never has anything good to say about items sourced via other sellers.

Then when you do get a great item, such as when I bought the probe SS Totekopfverbande cuff title back in the 90's he offered a mere pittance for it when I showed it to him when he came on his annual visit to Honolulu in his room at the Halekulani hotel. The current owner who bought it from me in the 90's offered 5 times the amount for it that Wolfe offered. When he found out he called me and told me "you should have told me, I would of offered to trade a LAH EM tunic for it" That tunic is in Beavers SS book, never worn or used, it is a great tunic for sure.

When he told me that I thought "well gee, duhhh, you had the opportunity way before it was sold but greed blinded you". Thats when I stopped dealing with him. Then he was busted for dealing with a drug lord and I fully distanced myself from him & halted calling him.

It becomes rather disgusting when dealers insult your intelligence when you purchase items. It happened between Wolfe and I more than once and it became for me who needs that kind of insults from anyone. I had great sources for out of the wood work items and he felt like he could dictate what ever he wanted when items were found & discussed with him. Another find was a salesman sample case of Iron Crosses all the way up to the Grand cross, it was a one of a kind item. Wolfe told me it was all fakes, he ended up with it. What does that tell you?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The David Delich Collection comes to auction
    P
    Many

well i left a bid. on some thinking i know i will not get , its 300 euro start i left a bid of (410 euro. thats $970 here). without post. i had to take in. to account if i bid more it would take it over to $1000nz and customs would hit me up $350. , on top ever way. i am ****ed.

well i left a bid. on some thinking i know i will not get , its 300 euro start i left a bid of (410 euro. thats $970 here). without post. i had to take in. to account if i bid more it would take it over to $1000nz and customs would hit me up $350. , on top ever way. i am ****ed.
    I see that enlisted Ostmark cuff title and would love to get it. But after purchasing the SSTKV bullion collar tab and if I won it would be too deep of a financial hole for me if I won it. I know it is frustrating.

And you never know, there are so many items available you just might win it as other bidders concentrate on the number of items available.

?

I agree Rich, the only advantage to this auction is the massive quantities of quality material which forces bidders to focus on a few items. Most times an auction only has a few really desirable items everyone bids on. Either way it's maddening seeing so many caps and I can only hope to catch one of the smaller fish if any.
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I agree Rich, the only advantage to this auction is the massive quantities of quality material which forces bidders to focus on a few items. Most times an auction only has a few really desirable items everyone bids on. Either way it's maddening seeing so many caps and I can only hope to catch one of the smaller fish if any.
    All you can do is try and do it within your means. I discovered early on when purchasing anything like this stuff if it is a couple hundred dollars over budget that can be easily met. But this day and age that nominal amount is like a couple of grand to those who make the money it takes to live these days.

I ask myself about spending that kind of money, the question of, if I can't or don't have the funds ready to be spent how would I cover it? The added stress of how to cover the commitment is not worth it. I've been there a number of times and was fortunate I could make it work out but it's that one time that can really ruin things. Your name is everything and if that becomes a victim you'll pay hell for overcoming that.

?

bevo militaria.. just to name a few new dealers is part of the new greed. till it comes to your own stuff. then they say its worth dirt
    I live in a part of the world where most Militaria dealers are buddies and absolute olympic level price gougers.

?

For me I believe the auction houses are the final level of greed. This auction HH gets 29.5 percent from buyers and 20 percent from sellers. 49 percent of the take. That's ridiculous.

While dealers price gouge, I don't know one that is taking 49 percent. Most are around 20 percent. While I prefer collector to collector I too get caught up in the hype and try to get some of these marvelous items. But at 49 percent the will pass what I'm willing to spend.

The catalogs are ridiculous priced as well.

Good luck everyone.

Tim

?

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    For me I believe the auction houses are the final level of greed. Tim

I have less and less in common with the modern hobbyist it seems.

thanks $180k here

?

Regards, Al

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast