Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

The David Delich Collection comes to auction

Article about: The David Delich Collection comes to auction at Hermann Historica in October. A portion of our esteemed colleague F-B's collection will also be at auction. While this may be an auction that

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Wow,
    This is why I don't collect SS.
    That cap is worth as much as my house.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The David Delich Collection comes to auction
    P
    Many

?

That camo cap has to be the most expensive fishing equipment I have ever seen

?

LOL, I was showing my wife the starting bid on that cap of 25,000 to demonstrate how reasonable my little black caps were in comparison. Close to $150,000 USD after fees and exchange rate. This is now a millionaire and billionaire game
    Regards, Al

I bought a reproduction from ATF for 75.00. Sates my desire for having one. I do not have much interest in cammo head gear anyway but seeing what that sold for is insanity. I think about how long and much work it would take to earn to pay for something like this. I come up with this again "one persons ceiling is another persons floor" but more power to them as their floor is beyond the height of the penthouse while I sit here in my elevator shaft well.

?

I agree Rich and despite all that you have put together a marvelous collection over the years. I too have done very well for myself despite having limited funds. I sometimes feel like a "ponzi scheme" manager constantly juggling to keep the the house of cards from toppling. I don't see a way going forward for young collectors but I guess all old timers think this way and life goes on. Happy collecting
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I agree Rich and despite all that you have put together a marvelous collection over the years. I too have done very well for myself despite having limited funds. I sometimes feel like a "ponzi scheme" manager constantly juggling to keep the the house of cards from toppling. I don't see a way going forward for young collectors but I guess all old timers think this way and life goes on. Happy collecting
    My biggest issue now is what to spend the $149,925.00 saved by buying a reproduction cammo cap!

Always a humorous bright side to the senseless follies that have become SS militaria collecting.

Regarding younger and new collectors with what is going on financially has to be heart breaking and destructive to their morale. Not only in the realm of collecting this stuff but in life in general and having to deal with the financial nightmare that has come over all of society. And it's getting worse regardless of what the snakes in office spout.

Timing is everything Al, we both are fortunate to have funds and have been buying these things whilst we can. And yes, I understand the ponzi gamut you write of because basically thats what it is.

I can remember using credit cards to pay credit card bills, transferring balances to lower interest rate cards. For a time I had one card for 5 years that did not charge interest so that helped a lot. But these days it seems like either you are flush with money, or just squeaking to get by or totally broke. I see it reflected in dealer offerings as prior times things were offered and snapped up immediately. Maybe because the pickings have gotten so fat that these cannot be absorbed into a collection but I do notice a lot more sitting on dealer sites. Like the tide it is.

can some one please explain this. i missed out on buying it by a $1. (only joking ). that's 70k here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The David Delich Collection comes to auction  

It went for about $2250 with buyers fee not including shipping

?

It was inevitable. These high end auctions tend to set the bar for the dealers and almost emboldens them to price gouge. The $18,000 t0 $24,000 WSS Kleiderkasse has now been manifested into the dealer price hike. Actually a bargain without the added fees if you want to think positive.

Regards, Al

?

Not suprisingly indeed. You name one of the biggest price gougers of all European militaria dealers. He and the ring of Benelux dealers really annoy me lately. Even the mark up on the most common items is absurd. Even more absurd is that collectors keep buying so it won't stop anytime soon.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast