Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Delich treasures part two, cuff titles and uniforms of singular, remarkable quality.

Article about: by HPL2008 This special diamonds version of the badge was an honorary award bestowed by Göring. Some of the recipients were Luftwaffe pilots, some were otherwise distinguished aviators and s

Default Re: Delich treasures part two, cuff titles and uniforms of singular, remarkable quality.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You must be Bavarian?
    Exactly. And, to quote from Charles Messenger's Sepp Dietrich biography Hitler's Gladiator, "Bavarians have traditionally regarded themselves as a people apart from the remainder of the German states. They speak a particular type of German, and tend to regard north Germans with a certain suspicion." Yep, that's us alright.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Delich treasures  part two, cuff titles and uniforms of singular, remarkable quality.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Delich treasures part two, cuff titles and uniforms of singular, remarkable quality.

I figured as much!

My friends from Munich are very quick to point out to me that Berliners and others from the North are strange characters indeed. Mind you, I like the people from Bavaria anyway, their love of fun and beer endears them (as an Australian) to me very much. Prost!

?

Speachless... I would walk bare foot over hot coals to see that white TV tunic in the flesh.. thank you so much for posting pics.

and then there are the Franken like me ;-)
    When I drive 5min to the Wuerzburg direction they put the letter i behind many mainwords

The history and culture of Franken form a bridge too far to most in the English speaking world, actually. Wuerzburg is a wonderful place.
    For most, Bavaria is Oberbayern and Muenchen, with little heed paid to the rest.
    Geography and history form the basis for any successful collector.

By mainwords, my friend Robert means nouns.....

And within Austria, the people of Tirol, for instance, would never dream of the same attitude and culture of Vienna and on and on. Europe is a place of its historical, ancient regions in their variety.
    When I lived in the Pfalz, the dialect in Kaiserslautern was deeply different from that of the Vorderpflaz, i.e. Neutstadt/Hardt, Neustadt/Weinstrasse. The list is actually endless.
    In my wife's native Slovakia, the citizens of Bratislava, Poszony, Pressburg can well distinguish the intonation and dialect of central Slovakia, which even I now can do......

great items,very classy

?

I'm a little late on this, as I've been away from this forum for a while, but I'd just like to say thanks for the opportunity to see these things. I'd be especially interested in knowing the story of how the Himmler tunic left Germany and ended up in its current owner's care. To have so many extraordinary pieces is a testament to a collector with no shortage of knowledge, patience and prudence. These are images I'll come back to often... What is it about this regalia that is so entrancing? I think for me it's the fact that it represents both beauty and horror simultaneously.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5