Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Em totenkopf coller tab help

Article about: Hello all i have this EM Totenkopf collar tab i would like to ask the opinion of fellow collectors i have looked at original Totenkopf collar tabs on this site and i cannot see any red flags

?

Here's mine.

Mind you these are sometimes found on the model 44 jackets which came from the Dachau depot but were never actually worn as far as we know.
    Machine stitched around the tab is fine imo. The thread around the jaw is something new to me like putzi wrote.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Em totenkopf coller tab help
    P
    Many

DAI
    ?

many thanks GllenAgain for your opinion thank you DAI

DAI
    ?

HI Vocht thanks for your TK Photo very nice it looks just like mine{ to my eye} i live in hope?
    DAI

?

My question to OP post was if anybody ever had anything to compare or confirm the strange stitching, so far nothing.
    I only have a few in my collection and they are not similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Em totenkopf coller tab help  

Quote by Putzi View Post
    My question to OP post was if anybody ever had anything to compare or confirm the strange stitching, so far nothing.
    I only have a few in my collection and they are not similar.
    I agree, never seen one with that row of prominent stitching.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There are TK tabs with the jaw stitching. I can see the normal stitching just beneath the one obviously visible. My guess Is that It is some machine error when made because you can also see some other stitching "bits" near the eye, nose and cheekbone.
    So in my opinion this is a original early made tab with some "stitching errors".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Em totenkopf coller tab help   Em totenkopf coller tab help  

?

I agree, all the examples I previously posted exhibit this stitching to one degree or another.
    Here are more with similar stitching but perhaps not as pronounced. This one courtesy of Bevo militaria with provenance

And this one from an old thread

Em totenkopf coller tab helpEm totenkopf coller tab help
    Regards, Al

DAI
    ?

many thanks GlennAgain for your nice comment
    DAI

DAI
    ?

Hi PUTZI fantastic collection of TK and RUNIC collar tabs