Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Estonian SS volunteers and history

Article about: The people who live on the Eastern shore of the Baltic Sea are no strangers to adversity. Historically plagued by invading armies and oppressors, from the Teutonic Knights to the Czars of Ru

?

Default Re: Estonian SS volunteers and history

The Tannenberg line too.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estonian SS volunteers and history
    P
    Many

?

I don;t think that there was a Hungary, Romania, Italy, Spain formations, also 23 and 24 SS rgt's Norge and Danmark. To me is very interesting history of the Seyffardt, they was rounded in the forest and totally destroyed. I have one dog tag from the Seyffardt. There was a destroyed farm in the forest, and in this farm was found more than 100 different Nederland dogtags. Also one from Wach btl Nordwest.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hello Dimas,

Is it possible to see a picture of your tag from Rgt. 48? I have visited this place and thought 'only' about 50-60 tags had been found there? Are you sure about Wachtbataillon Nordwest? I know a tag from Standarte Nordwest which was found close to this farm building. The owner of that tag was captured on 26 July '44 - 64 years ago today - and only returned to Holland on 26 October 1950. Unfortunately, he passed away some years ago.

With all the best,

Cees

P.S. Kindzjal, that photo was not taken in or around Narva. That photo is probably from the Dutch legion while it was stationed in the Wolchow-Kessel in 1942.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I don;t think that there was a Hungary, Romania, Italy, Spain formations, also 23 and 24 SS rgt's Norge and Danmark. To me is very interesting history of the Seyffardt, they was rounded in the forest and totally destroyed. I have one dog tag from the Seyffardt. There was a destroyed farm in the forest, and in this farm was found more than 100 different Nederland dogtags. Also one from Wach btl Nordwest.
    That's nice, would You share some pictures with us ?

I've found the photo here :

nederlandwaffenss - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The autor says it's around Narva.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonian SS volunteers and history  

?

Unfortunately, the author is not correct about that. I see that he has made a collection of photos he took from the internet - recognize several of my photos.

I just noticed that you have Georgian text in your signature - do you have a connection with Georgia? Accidentally, I just returned from the Caucasus. A couple of weeks ago I talked to the last surviving Georgian veteran who took part in the uprising on Texel. I have met quite a few veterans, but this was really fascinating.

With all the best,

Cees

That's great ! The whole Texel thing is really very interesting and we could start a new topic about it. Georgia is a nice country and Georgians are great people. I have many Georgian friends but my ancestors came from the Norhthern Caucasus (Kabarda) and the text says "kindzjal" in Georgian

Groet,

kindzjal

?

Gamarjobat!

That's great to hear. I totally agree with you - Georgia is a fantastic country. I have traveled there for about five weeks, including one week in Abkhazia. Also met many interesting people. Even had a drink with Mr. Shevardnadze at his place. Georgians are wonderful people indeed, but we are diverging from the original topic of this thread! If you start a thread about the uprising on Texel, I will chime in with some information and photos!

With all the best,

Cees

5 weeks That's great. I think You have met Eugeny Artemidze in Manglisi and saw his museum about Texel ? I'm really interested in what he told You? Even Abkhazia ? Short said, a great trip !
    Ok, let's start a topic on the Texel case.

Bestreg,
    kindzjal

?

I have visited Grisha in Kaspi. He was convinced that Artemidze has passed away, but I also heard stories that he is still alive and suffering from dementia. Would love to find out the truth, but nobody was able to tell me. Did you ever talk to Artemidze and visit his small museum?

Abkhazia is beautiful! I can understand why it was such a popular tourist resort during the soviet times. It was quite dangerous though, since I happened to be there during all those bomb explosions, but I was with the UN, so I had some protection.

Sorry Dimas, to have diverted from the original topic of this thread! Let's get back to the Estonian volunteers, Narva, Rgt. 48, and so on. I am looking forward to see the Texel thread!

With all the best,

Cees

?

Hello Cees,

Good to see you posting here, i look forward to some good Narva discussions with you !!!

Best regards

Paul

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast