Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.

Article about: These are the Atwood fake caps from the 1960s. One does not often see the original labeling from the inside. The address in the epoch was of a ministry of the government, not a cap maker.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree but only to those who do not educate themselves. With study, these old fakes are not very good and would only fool a total novice. The newer fakes are far better but can be spotted with some due diligence. The collector who continually depends on others to vet their material are destined to become victims.
    Well said. I have collected this material for a long time, as has Bob Coleman, and we endeavor to educate to the best of our abilities. We exceed the level of expertise
    manifested on most sites and our project is to aid and assist gentle persons honestly in search of the truth.

I am not sure what evidence you might muster to your assertion "Many an SS collection is filled with fakes believed to be real." and so forth?

I surely hope you do not want to assert that either Bob Coleman or I or others here who are stalwarts of this site are the owners of such items?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-14-2017 at 08:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.
    P
    Many

My comment regarding fakes in collections is fairly straightforward, for example before patterns of SS tunic/liners were revealed many Heer tunics were dressed us with ss insignia. I have seen many rebuilt Heer caps with ss insignia and the list goes on. The new trend is to try and have fakes from the 50's , 60's , and 70's be accepted as real.

Quote by Prussian 1st garde View Post
    The new trend is to try and have fakes from the 50's , 60's , and 70's be accepted as real.
    I don't think that is a new trend at all.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I am a great fan of this site and I have already often said: There is almost nothing that has no yet been treated here, so it is with Älteste Berliner Uniform-Mützenfabrik/Atwood fakes, see here:

Alteste Berliner Fakes
    LTC (Ret) Atwood at the Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik strikes again...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...muetze-3318-3/
    SS visor hat
    Your thoughts about this cap
    Sold today for 25,000 euro!
    Fake right?
    Dr. Breuer's Heirs are still in business! Whoopee.

Thanks to the excellent work of our (if you allow me to use this prononoun) members!
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't think that is a new trend at all.
    Ralph.
    You have not been on WAF lately then

Quote by Prussian 1st garde View Post
    You have not been on WAF lately then
    Frankly the information is far more accurate here. Many prominent collectors no longer post there.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I don't believe that many individuals who attribute fakes to the 50' 60's and 70's were even alive at the time and have no way of identifying what came from when only through gun show lore. I was around at that time and only a complete twit could be fooled by pieces from that era.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3