Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Germany greatcoat

Article about: Hello i have a germany jacket or greatcoat but i'm not sure if it's still germany.And also i dont know which year is it made but seems to be from war time.There was also a bad condition sign

?

Default Germany greatcoat

Hello i have a germany jacket or greatcoat but i'm not sure if it's still germany.And also i dont know which year is it made but seems to be from war time.There was also a bad condition sign and i read it out only NUMBER 3 but there is something more.I add some photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germany greatcoat   Germany greatcoat  

Germany greatcoat   Germany greatcoat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germany greatcoat
    P
    Many

?

Hello. You have a German WW2 M40 Greatcoat (Mantel). A later production example with split seam at the back, just before they changed over to the M42 Pattern.
    Unfortunately it has been heavily modified into some sort of working jacket - probably immediately post war when civilian clothing was in short supply. The length would originally have been well below the knee but is now almost at waist level. Turn back cuffs have been removed. The split seam at the back has been filled in with a strip of material added. Moth holes and heavily damaged. Cheers, Colin
    Last edited by ME110; 03-07-2022 at 02:12 PM.

?

Thanks for answering.

TWS
    ?

Quote by ME110 View Post
    Hello. You have a German WW2 M40 Greatcoat (Mantel). A later production example with split seam at the back, just before they changed over to the M42 Pattern.
    Unfortunately it has been heavily modified into some sort of working jacket - probably immediately post war when civilian clothing was in short supply. The length would originally have been well below the knee but is now almost at waist level. Turn back cuffs have been removed. The split seam at the back has been filled in with a strip of material added. Moth holes and heavily damaged. Cheers, Colin
    Colin beat me to it. Unfortunately many original pieces of Wehrmacht uniform were heavily modified and adapted for civilian use in the hardship of the immediate post-war era in Germany. As a side note: Once I was watching some color film footage on YouTube that was shot by an American in 1946 or 47 in a German city and I was amused as I kept seeing German men walking around on the city streets in Heer trousers and some other modified pieces of uniform.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."