MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?

Article about: I bought this from a dutch dealer and I have got guaranteed lifetime on its originality.. So guys is this a real one?

Default Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?

I bought this from a dutch dealer and I have got guaranteed lifetime on its originality..
    So guys is this a real one? Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?
    P
    Many

Well for one thing an image of the backside will help to see the type of weave.. Understood Bevo but no image of the back, can't help much..

One other thing to note,,, the seller states "guaranteed lifetime on its originality"... So if determined to be fake will he repay you funds??? Does he mention that in his "guaranteed lifetime on its originality".... Just something to think about....

Smitty

Quote by Luke 85 View Post
    I bought this from a dutch dealer and I have got guaranteed lifetime on its originality..
    So guys is this a real one? Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?
    A photo from the back is difficult because it is folded..
    I know this dealer and can bring it back no problem..
    But I hope its real...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?  

I took a look in Mark Bando's SS book and this one looks very similar to a known reproduction. It has the same hook beak, shorter than normal wingspan and the circled swastika is larger than normal.

I may be wrong but I don't like the design, especially the roundness under the beak. Also notice the flaring at the bottom where the claws grip the roundel. You will notice in the Bando example the same flaring is prevalent. I believe this one to be a reproduction...

Hopefully some other SS collectors will add their thoughts..

Best

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?   Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?  

I have to agree with Smitty.
    Here is my original to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I found that a similar eagle is posted 10 jears ago on this site and some collectors think it's original..
    I don't know.. I'll wait until I get some more negative feedback and then will call the dealer I bought it from
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?  

Oke I had contact with the dealer and I can get my money back...
    I think this one is a better one to buy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?   Hello is this ss bevo sleeve eagle original ww2?  

?

luke,

IMO if the more expert collectors give different opinions (and in this thread they are all negative!) for me it's a no go.
    Especially in SS items, you pay a lot of money for an item that is not 100% accepted by the community.
    And that means you have something that's maybe good or maybe not in your collection.
    And if in the future you want to trade or sell it you have to find someone who will accept it as good.
    Especially if you are not an advanced collector, I will stay with textbook items.
    If you have the possibility to get your money back, I would do it, and then I would buy one that is definitely good.
    My two cents.

Regards