Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

I Found the Holy Grail ..................

Article about: ................... see post # 74. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...8/#post2205444

Another good comparison .................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................   I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 01-25-2022 at 11:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Found the Holy Grail ..................
    P
    Many

AMAZING find. You should be proud to have such a significant and desirable piece.

Updated montage ................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

Thanks WW. It's just one of those 'once in a lifetime' things !

Quote by Arran View Post
    Not sure if this is the "11" tab above, or another example. I'll look through my archives to see if I have any more...
    Another old photo of this 'odd' one, which I came across today ............................

The more I see of it, the more I can understand why this particular one keeps changing hands.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

?

I'm not as bothered by the skull as I am by the numerals. They are different in form that those illustrated in this thread...

?

This one recently sold on the Hicks site very quickly. I was wondering if it would show up on this thread.

I Found the Holy Grail ..................I Found the Holy Grail ..................
    Credit: Kelly Hicks
    Regards, Al

Quote by Arran View Post
    I'm not as bothered by the skull as I am by the numerals. They are different in form than those illustrated in this thread...
    Yes, I agree, ................... early type (M35) TK ............ albeit a bit 'malnourished' ............. with later, smaller type (M36) numerals.

However, there are other 'construction' problems with the TK IMHO ............. see the black-threaded teeth, for example, and the vertical lines of the hand-embroidery

While we're on the subject of 'oddities' ........................ there are no doubts at all with these abortions ...................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................   I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

Attached Images Attached Images I Found the Holy Grail ..................  I Found the Holy Grail ..................  I Found the Holy Grail ..................  I Found the Holy Grail ..................  I Found the Holy Grail .................. 
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 01-30-2022 at 12:26 AM.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    This one recently sold on the Hicks site very quickly. I was wondering if it would show up on this thread.
    That's a fine original ! Someone got a REAL bargain there. No wonder it sold quickly.

Thanks for posting that, Al. Yet another comparison pic for this thread ............................
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 01-30-2022 at 12:28 AM.

Just for interest, here's a close-up photo of the 'teeth' on this apparently unissued example.

Each vertical 'tooth' comprises FOUR separately hand-embroidered aluminium wire threads.

Each tooth is made up of 2 x pairs of threads.

Keep in mind ......... these early M35 TK threads were much finer and thinner than the ones used on the later, standard M36 bullion TKs.

Whoever did the embroidery work on this thing ........... most probably a female employee at the factory, as hand-embroiderers tended to be experienced seamstresses ............ must have been using a microscope !

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast