Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

I Found the Holy Grail ..................

Article about: ................... see post # 74. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...8/#post2205444

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Obviously you didn't get up to page 35 of my book Robin!
    Derek.

Ooops !

I missed that one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Found the Holy Grail ..................
    P
    Many

Not to belabor the point, but perhaps as a nice adjunct to MM1985's image, you can see here that the titles were issued by the summer of 1935. This is from the August 19, 1935 daily guard troop order of SS-Wachtruppe 'Sachsen'. Each man received two sleeve bands.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    This is from the August 19, 1935 daily guard troop order of SS-Wachtruppe 'Sachsen'. Each man received two sleeve bands.
    Brilliant !

Interesting ............... he must have been happy for his own order to be ignored !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

?

Thank you Robin,

I guess anyone in the KL command could do anything they wanted until the had the hangmans noose around their neck ...

Is there any chance you can upload your above collar tab timeline display in a higher quality just so I can update my wish list for additional collar tabs.

Quote by Putzi View Post
    Is there any chance you can upload your above collar tab timeline display in a higher quality just so I can update my wish list for additional collar tabs.
    Here you go ............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

?

Thank you (and merry Christmas to you all).

?

Merry Christmas. I read that in a previous thread from Robin that there are no known images of the 1945 "Smiling" Dachau TK in wear. A few years down the road is this still the case?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I read that in a previous thread from Robin that there are no known images of the 1945 "Smiling" Dachau TK in wear. A few years down the road is this still the case?
    Yes.

So far as I know, this is still the case.

In my opinion, these 1945 Dachau TKs were intended for wear by new recruits, but were never actually issued.

The SS-T Division was still recruiting aggressively in 1944-45 as it had an extremely high casualty rate.

The 1945 Dachau TK collar patches often appear on restored uniforms, or removed from uniforms, but I have yet to see one being worn clearly in a 'period' photo.

By the way .......

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Comparison M35 TK collar patch reverses ................... no RZM labels or tags !

I've been wondering whether my Ghost "23" (Sachsen) Officer Tab is actually a number "25" Oberbayern. Here's a comparison of mine to three other tabs with a "3" in them (I couldn't find any 1st pattern tabs with "5s".) Thoughts?

PS: The photo of my tab was taken with a flash as it seemed to best show the shadowing, but would be happy to take other photos.

Last edited by Peter II; 12-23-2022 at 04:20 AM.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast