Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

I Found the Holy Grail ..................

Article about: ................... see post # 74. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...8/#post2205444

€4750,00

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Found the Holy Grail ..................
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

SS Steel Inc just sold an unnumbered officer’s SS-TV tab.
    It was sold very quickly for 3500, it looks a little different than the ones shown above, with numbers.

?

Here it is

I Found the Holy Grail ..................I Found the Holy Grail ..................

Credit: SS Steel
    Regards, Al

Folks over at WAF are saying it is not an original. That and the Dachau cuff title. Not certain what they are basing their opinions on but knowing how rare these are makes me wonder if it an easy chore to replicate. For starters the aluminum thread, where in the world would someone find that to do this? I've researched in the past for bullion thread and there was nothing I found that compares to what was used. Since we don't have this in hand to get a good close up image of the thread for me it is hard to say but when I 1st had seen this tab and the cuff title I thought someone had scored. Am I wrong on that assessment? Maybe Robin will see this and comment.

?

I agree Rich. I don't give too much credence to the mob mentality on that site. Although I'm a novice when it comes to these tabs it screams authentic to me. When it first hit the website I was tempted to pull the trigger because of it's rarity. I soon came to my senses because of the economic impact on my wallet. Let's wait and see.
    Regards, Al

Robin gave me some helpful feedback by email regarding the tab. I don't mean to be overly secretive, but if he has seen this post, it may be that he's reluctant to post specific criticisms of the tab out of concerns that the fakers will refine their work. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll tell you guys what he told me. It has already been mailed out to me, so I'll take high-res photos for Robin (and you guys if you're interested) and will send them along to him once I receive it.

'Charlie Farley' thinks the cuff title is good. I'm going to send it to him along with some others I've got so he can check them out in person.

Quote by Peter II View Post
    Robin gave me some helpful feedback by email regarding the tab. I don't mean to be overly secretive, but if he has seen this post, it may be that he's reluctant to post specific criticisms of the tab out of concerns that the fakers will refine their work. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll tell you guys what he told me. It has already been mailed out to me, so I'll take high-res photos for Robin (and you guys if you're interested) and will send them along to him once I receive it.

'Charlie Farley' thinks the cuff title is good. I'm going to send it to him along with some others I've got so he can check them out in person.
    Peter II, please pm me as I always want to learn more about these early tabs. I kick myself for not obtaining one when the Gammelson collection came available. I saw 1 or 2 and just did not know about what it was back in the mid to late 90's.

When I saw the tab I was amazed, 1st thing was I checked Hicks web page a couple times a day. It was not there in what is morning time for me, 6 hours time diff between here and the east coast, we are later. 2nd was I checked later in the day, around 7 PM and both the collar tab and cuff title were listed and spoken for. I thought "it's a good thing ;-))) as I have the $ available for these but am trying to hold onto the $ for emergencies..I was rationalizing "it's an emergency :-)))) oh well, too late :-)))))"

And you got the cuff title too, wonderful!

I believe the cuff title and collar tab are good and posted as such over at WAF with "someone scored big time" but then seeing what was posted I thought "you've got to be kidding me!"

Would love to see a close up of it and the condition of the tab is really remarkable for it's age. It was well taken care of.

I also think the tab and cuff title was owned by not a middle grade officer but someone of high rank. From what I see the embroidery is top notch.

One question I think about with these early items, was there ever a probe sample pieces made? If so, wonder who has them and if so, they also may be still tucked away in some liberating GI's belongings. it's the kind of stuff fantasies are made of.

Congratulations on getting it!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25