Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting free E-Book downloads

Article about: Having got an E-Book-reader for birthday, I started browsing around the "Archive.org" website and came up with some titles that should be of interest to the members here. They are

Default Interesting free E-Book downloads

Having got an E-Book-reader for birthday, I started browsing around the "Archive.org" website and came up with some titles that should be of interest to the members here. They are available for free download in several file formats. Please note that these are all electronic versions of Third-Reich-period publications in German.

Freiherr von Eelking's work on SA/SS/HJ/NSDAP uniforms and insignia "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden"; much sought after in printed form:
    Eelking-Freiherr-von-Die-Uniformen : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

The "Deutsche Uniformen Album: SA SS HJ" from Sturm Cigarettes with its very nice uniform illustrations:
    Deutsche-Uniformen-Album-SA-SS-HJ : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Gunter d'Alquen's text outlining the history, mission and organisation of the SS:
    D'Alquen, Gunter - Die SS - Geschichte, Aufgabe und Organisation der Schutzstaffeln der NSDAP (1939, 15 S.) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

A 140 page period work on the history of the 21st SS-Standarte:
    Stark-Fritz-Die-21.-SS-Standarte : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    I found this one particularly interesting for some of the photographs showing unusual, rare or short-lived insignia. Page 12, for example, shows the Standarte's medical officer wearing the a left-hand collar patch with three rank pips in a triangular configuration combinded with an Aesculapius rod (Never seen that one before):
    Interesting free E-Book downloads
    *)

The 1937 edition of the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP:
    Ley-Robert-Organisationsbuch-der-NSDAP : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Much more of interest can be found at Archive.org using the site's search funtion...

*) Edit: I found another image in the publication on the 21st Standarte that I found so interesting I decided to post it in a separate thread:
    A-SS Cufftitle III/21!
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-29-2011 at 09:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting free E-Book downloads
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting free E-Book downloads

Some excellent stuff there.

The last volume is very interesting. That tab image is super rare.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Interesting free E-Book downloads

These are awesome. The nice feature is that you can check out every page prior to doing a download.
    Many thanks and I will pass this on to my friends.

...Um! Cheers, ( I guess)
    Rudy