Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LAH cuff title

Article about: I now see that my original post disappeared when I added the pictures... I was basically saying that I thought it to be a fake although the "o" of "Adolf" seems to have a

Default LAH cuff title

I now see that my original post disappeared when I added the pictures... I was basically saying that I thought it to be a fake although the "o" of "Adolf" seems to have a correct construction. Looking at an older post from Ade, I could note the absence of the dots structure on the edge section of the reverse while seeing rather the "I.I.I.I" kind of pattern. Otherwise, the question was more about the sawtooth structure of the edge detail at the front. Are there any other obvious things that make it stand out as a fake straight away (since cuff titles are not really my specialty)? I've got no issue with the fact it's a fake since it was never sold as an original anyway.

LAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff titleLAH cuff title
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH cuff title   LAH cuff title  

LAH cuff title   LAH cuff title  

LAH cuff title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH cuff title
    P
    Many

If I‘m looking at it correctly, I can also note the absence of the „sawtooth edge“ that Ade was referring to in his post about fake versus original cufftitles.

?

Quote by Phil9790 View Post
    If I‘m looking at it correctly, I can also note the absence of the „sawtooth edge“ that Ade was referring to in his post about fake versus original cufftitles.
    Correct, not how they should look. Not original i'm afraid.

Looks like a fake cufftitle. Here's mine for comparison.

Notice dot stitches on the back border, should be a nice spaced . . . . . . . pattern, if that makes sense
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH cuff title   LAH cuff title  

Thanks a lot for these replies already. It seems like I‘m looking at it the right way…
    If anybody has further insights, how do you categorise the different fakes? I‘m asking because there are often references about fakes from the 1970‘s etc. So I‘m wondering whether there are sort of „generations“ of fakes?

There are generation of fakes, as this has been going on for more than 50 years now. Yours dates from the early 1990's and are still being made today.

My advice is study originals and the fakes will become apparent. Time is better spent doing it this way around.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!