Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

open collar tunics regulation

Article about: i wonder if all SS officer were allowed to have the open collar style after the intoduce of the heer style tunic?

?

Default open collar tunics regulation

i wonder if all SS officer were allowed to have the open collar style after the intoduce of the heer style tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement open collar tunics regulation
    P
    Many

?

I don't believe there was any regulation prohibiting the wearing of the "rock" style tunic in grey, but it was mostly worn by the older SS officers who had served in the 30's. Certainly officers in combat units did not really want to wear the open collar tunic and preferred the Heer style.

?

at first i thought the open collar tunic were exclusively for office duty only ,so thats mean even officer in combat duty can have it too am i right?

?

Yes, there are photos of officers in front line service wearing the open collared tunic, mostly quite early in the war, but the closed-collar tunic was by far the most popular.

As Arran says, the wear of the tunic was allowed but it should not be confused with the field blouse. Here is the first order regarding the open or closed collar from December of 1939 and it says the field blouse should be worn open over the shirt and tie but can be worn closed by order. The section dealing with the tunic (Rock) deals when the tunic or blouse was worn. These instructions were amended a couple of times by 1940.

open collar tunics regulationopen collar tunics regulation

?

^^ this last memo, if it’s an SS one, I’m pretty sure is talking about the m37 open collar tunic which was used by the ssvt and not the war time closed collar combat tunics. The m37 was an open collar tunic primarily