Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original offcers tab?

Article about: hi is this an original officers tab? im not sure what unit its for if it is so my knowledge is of course limited

Default Original offcers tab?

hi is this an original officers tab? im not sure what unit its for if it is so my knowledge is of course limited
    Original offcers tab?Original offcers tab?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original offcers tab?
    P
    Many

A total fake of the SS British Freikorp collar tab. A very small unite comprised of less than several dozen British prisoners of war who changed side to obtain better treatment. They were used for propoganda purposes only and there are no known original examples of their insignia or uniforms.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob is always right, of course. The enclosure is a piece of junk.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bob is always right, of course. The enclosure is a piece of junk.
    My wife would not agree with your assesment FB!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My warm greetings to you and your wife with a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and much good health and fortune. And thanks for keeping our site a healthy and sane place.

Hi Bob,
    Was it not the intention of the Germans that Britische Freikorps were to be trained as an SS Assault Engineer unit. This is why they were moved to Dresden and became involved in Harris's "fire storm" where two of it's members were killed.
    I believe they were then moved to Berlin in Feb 45 and were to be attached to SS Nordland Division in March of that year. After assessment by SS-Brigadefuhrer Ziegler they were deemed unfit for frontline service and re-assigned to non combat roles for the duration of the war.