Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

panzer wrap

Article about: I need opinions on the authenticity of this wrap. I think I already know the answer but I need to hear it and why.

TWS
    ?

I wish I could help but I don't collect SS. I know about the cut of the front panel being different (straight) from Heer and the one piece back panel (no seam) but beyond that I don't know if the details that I find "off" are simply because it's SS.

If I was looking at an Army wrapper, I would want to have this one in hand. Because I can't tell if the lining material is strange or just the way it appears in the photos, or if it is indeed an accepted material for SS. I'm also not sure I like the way the belt hook slits are stitched on the outside. In fact, if it was an Army wrapper they would be of concern. I would also like the materials to show more "age". I have a pair of HBT trousers in my collection that are mint, unissued and the like-new condition scared me at first glance until I went over them with a fine tooth comb and confirmed all the construction details are correct and compared the weave side by side with 100% original HBT tunics I have (the weave on the repops is larger), but I would want to see more aging to be comfortable with this wrapper.

Best bet is to share it with an SS collector who knows their stuff.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement panzer wrap
    P
    Many

do I send it back? POW's were stripped of their insignia and collectors added it after, is the wrap itself legit?

CBH
    ?

If you can find the book "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" Vol III by Michael Beaver, it shows original wraps.

MAP
    ?

Quote by cjsiewert View Post
    do I send it back? POW's were stripped of their insignia and collectors added it after, is the wrap itself legit?
    As MM1985 noted it is a bad wrap and I would trust his opinion. So I would send the tunic back.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2