Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.

Article about: Hello, I recently purchased this SS armband and just received it, Unfortunately, I discovered this great forum and uncovered a wealth of knowledge AFTER my purchase. However, I still have 14

Default PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.

Hello,

I recently purchased this SS armband and just received it, Unfortunately, I discovered this great forum and uncovered a wealth of knowledge AFTER my purchase. However, I still have 14 days to return it. I also discovered on this forum that this particular armband had already been posted by another member on this forum with similar concerns, and the opinions were somewhat mixed on the armbands originality.

I'm asking if you all could. PLEASE take a second or first look and let me know your thoughts.
    This is what I do know about this armband from what I have learned on this forum by all you knowledgeable people; The RZM tag is NOT original to this armband. The tag was taken off either an SS Cuff Title or another SS cloth insignia and glued to this arm band. The correct tag should have a D, not a B, and you can still see some glue residue and black fibers under the edges of the tag from the fabric in which it was removed.

My biggest fear is that the armband itself is not original and is postwar. I really appreciate your expertise and your opinions on this armband, and I sincerely, THANK YOU in advance for your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.   PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.  

PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.   PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.  

PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PLEASE let me know your opinions on this SS Armband.
    P
    Many

?

Hello

Looks OK for me -

Just to compare :

Early ss brassard

Thank you Athor,
    Your armband is very nice and complete with RZM tag.
    I’m wondering how important it is in the collectors world to have the original RZM tag.

Looks ok to me too, except wrong tag, like you also notice it.
    If you will sell it at some point, it will be harder than an armband with a correct tag.

I would personally favor armband with correct tag, or without any.
    -TJ-

Thank you for replying Finngaill!
    Were there any SS armbands that were issued without RZM tags?

?

If both Armband and tag are deemed original, though mismatched, I would be inclined to very, very carefully separate them; thus, you will have an original armband and an original tag.
    As Finngaill points out, better an original armband sans tag, than a wrong tag (even if it is an original)!

Personally, I cannot advise on the originality of either. However, if you wish to try to separate them, I would suggest a little lighter fuel - a little at a time - as it softens glue, but evaporates before it has a chance to do any harm.

Quote by RCArtifact View Post
    Thank you for replying Finngaill!
    Were there any SS armbands that were issued without RZM tags?
    All came with RZM tag, but some paper tags has fell down in the time.
    Cloth tags are earlier ones, paper tags starter to use in 1938
    -TJ-