Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse

Article about: Hi Guys, I can buy this jacket, but I am new to this forum. What are your opinions on this jacket? I think the collar looks a little weird, and I don't like the shoulderbords that are taken

some more photos of it what you think.as i have been looking at this to buy...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse   Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse  

Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse   Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse  

Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse
    P
    Many

?

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    This is a modified M-41 army jacket with added green collar. It could have been used by the SS but it is not a jacket produced for the SS. If you want to buy this jacket you should pay only the Price for a stripped army jacket + the Price for the SS insignia. And do careful check the area where a army breast eagle could have been.
    Does anyone else notice that the place where a Heer Breast eagle would be is a little fuzzy? Like a photo shop type attempt to cover? Seems to me this area is fuzzy in the picture compared to the rest of the tunic?

hi i can not see it.maybe my eyes lol..

Quote by oldthings View Post
    hi i can not see it.maybe my eyes lol..
    Maybe you should visit some old collectors , museums or whatever - to LEARN to touch and recognize old fabric , stitchings , etc.
    See what authentic wear looks like .
    Because it is so very clear that the insignia on these pictures were attached not too long ago .
    Definitely not 70 years ago .
    Because then they would NOT look like this ..

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Maybe you should visit some old collectors , museums or whatever - to LEARN to touch and recognize old fabric , stitchings , etc.
    See what authentic wear looks like .
    Because it is so very clear that the insignia on these pictures were attached not too long ago .
    Definitely not 70 years ago .
    Because then they would NOT look like this ..
    yes i can see what you are saying.thay look new.and if it was 70 yrs old it not look new like that..

All you can be certain of is that this is a Heer tunic. You can not be certain those insignia were ever on that tunic during WW2, even if they are genuine. So a prudent buyer would pay no more than the price of a Heer tunic with cloth badges priced based on whether or not genuine. Tunics were stripped of insignia at the end of the war as soldiers were captured or even by soldiers themselves wanting to hide their association with the SS.

I think this may just be a good opportunity to learn .
    You can see heavy wear on the wool ( of this authentic or not WH tunic ) .
    On top of that worn out wool , dirtied insignia were placed , and sewn with totally intact new thread .
    It simply does not work that way .

Also the fact that what was used here , is a combination of the least expensive SS insignia available ,
    would be another good reason to be suspicious ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prinz Eugen M41 Feldbluse  

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    I think this may just be a good opportunity to learn .
    You can see heavy wear on the wool ( of this authentic or not WH tunic ) .
    On top of that worn out wool , dirtied insignia were placed , and sewn with totally intact new thread .
    It simply does not work that way .

Also the fact that what was used here , is a combination of the least expensive SS insignia available ,
    would be another good reason to be suspicious ..
    Yes a good opportunity to learn and i am now thinking the same thing on this one.the insignia looks new but then someone has aged them all to look old.thay have a artificial look to them do you think so.. you think that not all of them will look the some as thay are on not the same parts of the jacket.you would think the ss tab would have some ware on the top of it...but it is like new but made to look old...

See, you are learning already. You have to approach SS stuff with a big dose of scepticism and an attitude of "prove to me it's real". You noticed the badge insigna were all dirty looking. Now notice the sleeve and collar areas they are sown onto are not dirty with the same brown coffee like stains. Conclusion; staining is contrived, not accidental and this is a constructed tunic.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    See, you are learning already. You have to approach SS stuff with a big dose of scepticism and an attitude of "prove to me it's real". You noticed the badge insigna were all dirty looking. Now notice the sleeve and collar areas they are sown onto are not dirty with the same brown coffee like stains. Conclusion; staining is contrived, not accidental and this is a constructed tunic.
    Yes its a 100% constructed tunic.as you say stains on the insigna but the tunic is like new.and i see thay have put a big stain on the front of the tunic looks like coffee stain on it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast