Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?

Article about: Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic? SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s Tunic. I’ve read the SS took over the Bahnschutzepol

Default Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?

Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?

SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s Tunic. I’ve read the SS took over the Bahnschutzepolizei (Railway protection police) in 1944. I think this tunic may be representative of this group in color and insignia – but not exactly like a military tunic with supports or holes for daggers and larger cuffs?
    Definitely an older worn garment in very nice condition with minimum mothing. Wear/slight staining visible under arms, inside collar, top of inside sleeve openings. The inside hanger loop is well worn. There’s evidence someone’s fountain pen must have leaked in their shirt pocket staining the inside of jacket. Material is of common gabardine. No markings inside - possibly privately tailored tunic? Hand stitched alterations visible at armpits, end of sleeves, shoulder seams. Missing sewn-on shoulder boards- you can see where they were sewn at the open seams. Hallow-back pebbled buttons are marked “A&S 37”.

The left facing arm eagle can be mistaken by some as an early WWII Waffen-SS VT Officer’s Sleeve Eagle in bullion, but I believe this it is more accurately a “Bahnschultz” or “Bahnschultzpolizei” Officer’s Bullion Sleeve Eagle made of silver wire thread.

The German Cross (cloth version) in silver for distinguished non-combat war service is an uncommon variant in that the circular wreath ring is typically of light metal, and this is completely embroidered. My pictures do not do it justice – the extending rays are platinum-color silver wire bullion, with a slightly thicker and brighter chrome-sliver outer ring of ray “bursts” (apologies for not knowing the correct terminology – this is the first one I have had in my possession). It is beautiful – I hope it could be authentic although I’ve only found one similar on the internet.

Please – what are your thoughts on this? German tunics are out of my wheelhouse. I picked it up at a modest cost from someone selling vintage estate-sale dresses and I can return it if it is junk. Just don’t want to be returning something that might be a good prospect of a privately tailored/non-regulation variation of an authentic SS tunic (in non-combat type service). Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?   Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?  

Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?   Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?  

Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?   Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent acquisition – SS-Bahnschutz open-collar 4-button Officer’s tunic - Authentic?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

The collars and German Cross are bad IMHO.
    The eagle could be bahnschutes, Im not sure.

Thank you Chris. I am looking forward to more opinions on other aspects of the tunic too as I am curious of the tunic design, buttons, etc.

MAP
    ?

I have never seen a fully embroidered DKiG. Construction is weak. I agree with Chris. Not one I like at all.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i don't see any authentic insignia on this