Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsfuhrung-SS Cuff Title

Article about: Hi, I can see these bands have been covered before on the forum but i'm struggling to find an image with the lettering exactly the same as one i'm currently looking at buying (even in the ey

Default Reichsfuhrung-SS Cuff Title

Hi,

I can see these bands have been covered before on the forum but i'm struggling to find an image with the lettering exactly the same as one i'm currently looking at buying (even in the eye opening 'I found this SS uniform in the Attic' post!).

Hopefully someone on the forum can put my mind at rest as this will be my first fairly expensive purchase (for me that is).

Looking through my growing collection of books including some volumes of Mollo i've obtained I can't find lettering exactly like this. Some have the lettering reaching the top braiding while others are clear including the 'g'.

I found a few examples in Ulric's archive and can see an Allgemeine version that has the same A4 752 id but again the lettering is slightly different. Maybe I'm overthinking this and there are subtle differences.

Anyhow I would really appreciate if anyone on the forum familiar with this band could let me know what they think.
    Unfortunately the pictures aren't great.
    Cheers, Dave.

Reichsfuhrung-SS Cuff TitleReichsfuhrung-SS Cuff TitleReichsfuhrung-SS Cuff TitleReichsfuhrung-SS Cuff TitleReichsfuhrung-SS Cuff TitleReichsfuhrung-SS Cuff Title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsfuhrung-SS Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Dave, I have never owned one of these so all I can go on is what the images represent & what I understand from study of bullion woven cuff titles. The bullion weave looks as it should and the backing behind the weave at the cuff titles back looks as it should too. It looks like a 7 strand outer bullion weave as well.

Does the seller have a good return policy jic it's not what you expect once in hand?

I am certain others will address your post shortly.

Thanks Rich. I strongly suspect it is legit as he is a well known dealer but thanks for reminding me as I forgot to ask about returns.
    I suspect I'm incorrectly expecting these type of titles to all be identical like the dot above the 'i' is slightly off centre compared to some others i've seen.

Interestingly enough I found he was a member on here way back in 2011 but then got banned! Oops, he must have stepped on some toes.
    I'll not mention name on public forum but I have seen members recommending him for porcelain and adolf bronze pieces fairly recently so suspect he does some good period pieces.

The asking price is $3.5k which looking at dealer archives in Europe seems to be about right for, I hate using this overused term, more 'rare' cuff bands. Cheers. dave.

These hand embroidered cuff titles do have variations as there were several people making them by hand stitching. I've advised before with bullion if you have the item in hand, touch your lip against it and if it's cold a high probability the item is original if the weave is correct for both the cuff title and the bullion.

Dave, could you PM me regarding who the seller is? I am not interested in purchasing the cuff title but I do use many dealers sites to aid in tracking asking prices for items as I want to keep up with pricing. The reason for this is I have several items in my collection and keep a data base of the items most recent asking selling prices along with if an item has sold.

I can't say if the price is reasonable or not but one way to test the water is ask "can you do a little better on the price?". Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

One other fact that plays into pricing is collectors selling items to dealers want the most they can get. So the dealers still need their profit margin and will price accordingly based on what they had to pay for that item. When demand starts coming into play, as an example, the SS Totenkopf visor cap skulls it's like what's reasonable. Of late these have seem to reach a high water mark where they are sitting longer on dealers sites.

No problem. I'll pm the dealer.

Regarding price, it was made clear no negotiation on price though has offered to fedex included in the price. Better than nothing I guess.
    Found the same with most of items I've bought so far, guess dealers know the more sort after items will shift no problem so no need to drop prices. Maybe when I've dealt with the dealers a bit more buying items they might be more open to negotiation.

BTW, wait till your transaction goes through to send dealer info. Not in any rush but that gives you assurance my intent is good. My collecting days are waning, as funds are tight and along with that to fund anything I need to sell stuff to get anything high ticket. A nice double decal SS helmet and then perhaps the SS Himmler honor dagger and another SA Rohm along with an SS officers tunic. My wants exceed my wallet, lol.

Are you still looking for SS brassards? if so I think there are 2 being offered by dealers I've recently had seen. Let me know and I'll advise who has them.

Already Pm’d you the dealer Rich. The only reason I didn't want to mention his name was because he is banned and didn't think it was right to use a public forum to mention him.

I've no doubts your intentions are good. It's not a straight forward purchase for me as he will only accept a bank transfer being overseas which takes me time to setup. He might decide too much bother. If I find out he sells it after me saying i'd take it maybe a sign he wasn't worth dealing with in the first place.

I'm good regarding SS brassards now. No sooner got one from the states than another popped up on Ulric's and it was too good to ignore!

There is a Himmler honour dagger for sale on dg.de that has been available for a while and noticed he has just dropped the price. Obviously I know nothing about regarding it's authenticity or the dealer but thought would point it out. If register with them you get to see more images:
    SS Honour Dagger [Heinrich Himmler] by Carl Eickhorn Solingen
    Last edited by NZ Allblacks; 03-29-2023 at 12:18 AM.

Bank transfers are a pain. I understand why though.

The link you posted, a new dealer that I had not seen before.

For 17K + US I'd want a better condition blade even if it costs a little more. With these items condition is everything and that becomes very important at resale when that time comes. It's hard to tell at this point about everything else as I registered and took a quick look.

Never really looked at it's condition but fair enough. The prices for these honour daggers considering some of their condition does seem high.

I've seen a couple of full rohm daggers come up for sale that i'm after but wouldn't wish to part with the money they are looking with chipped handles and the likes.

On a different subject , should I take it the lack of feedback from the forum regarding the Reichsfuhrung-SS Cuff Title is a good sign? Will likely be asked to transfer the money later today so hopefully it is ok legit wise

Cheers, dave.

Dave, I think if there is not further feed back it's ok. Did you get the return policy the seller should provide? I'd think at least 2 weeks after getting it in your hands would be sufficient. Between now and then you might get more opinions on it. Once in hand you can try the bullion to your lips and better images of the border weave can be taken too.

On that SS Himmler $13-15,000.00 ( 13 is a deal-15 max)would be a fair price. I think I'd start at 13.5 and go from there. The $ for honor daggers you want as close to mint as possible and even that SS honor dagger is one that would not be a top choice because of the blade issues. I could be wrong, and usually am as reading some ones desire level is tough to do...desire to sell or buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast