Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reinhard Heydrich tunics, did any survive....

Article about: And do they exist in private hands today, and have they ever came up for sale. Thanks Brian

?

I wonder about the tunic though. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that an original has been dressed up with replica medals and such. Would need some rock-solid provenance to prove it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reinhard Heydrich tunics, did any survive....
    P
    Many

Quote by Fiore View Post
    isn't that bomber clasp upside down?
    No, it's the right way up. You can just see the swastika at the bottom of the wreath. Also, it's not a bomber clasp he was not a bomber pilot. It should be the silver Frontflugspange fur Jaeger (fighters) but in this pic the colour of the wreath makes it look more like the night fighter version. Can't tell if it genuine from this pic.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Collar tabs are not original. Reminds me of the collar tabs seen on the reproduced August Heissmeyer tunic I inspected in hand years ago. The leaves has no curvature to them as seen on this original imaged example.

The only tunic that survived that I was aware of was in his wifes possession. She is no longer alive but there has been zero info about where it went to my knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Reinhard Heydrich tunics, did any survive.... 

TWS
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    No, it's the right way up. You can just see the swastika at the bottom of the wreath. Also, it's not a bomber clasp he was not a bomber pilot. It should be the silver Frontflugspange fur Jaeger (fighters) but in this pic the colour of the wreath makes it look more like the night fighter version. Can't tell if it genuine from this pic.

Regards

Mark
    That's what I was going to post. It's a fighter clasp, not bomber. It also appears to be of very dubious authenticity IMO, although my assessment is limited by the quality of the photo.
    The EKI also looks fake as well.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Well there you have it in the world of deception ....putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a show horse.

It should not be surprising anymore what people will do ...including museums.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is a similar one made by Uniprex made for exhibitions and films. I think the original is not even in our museum.
    Jak a proč zabili R.H.? | Krimi Plzeň

And the original Mercedes Benz 320 Cabriolet-B is probably in private hands in the Czech Republic.

Regards Jirka

In the VHU (museum) in Prague they only have a replica of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich's Tunic from the movie Anthropoid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reinhard Heydrich tunics, did any survive....  

Did Heydrich really wear police shoulder boards but not the police green pattern Obergruppenfuhrer collar tabs?

?

Just happened to see this thread. The 'Czech Center of New York' seems to have confused ranks a bit - this cap has white cloth piping, it should have the silvery piping for Oberführer - and, BTW, I think, too, this is a (nice) copy.

?

And then you have the question of what was removed from the grave if anything in 2019.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2