Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RFSS cuff title of note.

Article about: From the maroon bad manners site come these images of an attic find of note in Nebraska, an enlisted grey wartime uniform with a noteworthy cuff title as well as an early made black enlisted

?

Default Re: RFSS cuff title of note.

Cufftitle looks OK, I have a mannschaft script Totenkopf title with such a cellon boarders. But, the field tunic. even M 43 is not correct for such early SS cufftitle. Reichsfuehrer is OK, but not a Reichsfuehrung, which mentioned RFSS, which was used before
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RFSS cuff title of note.
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Cufftitle looks OK, I have a mannschaft script Totenkopf title with such a cellon boarders. But, the field tunic. even M 43 is not correct for such early SS cufftitle. Reichsfuehrer is OK, but not a Reichsfuehrung, which mentioned RFSS, which was used before
    Hi Dimas-
    I agree with what you are saying. It is possible that the owner was wearing the title as a tradition title. If you ever saw the thread on Wilfred Kunstman, he was attached to Handschar but in a period photo is wearing an Allgemeine SS Nord cufftitle on his tunic with the Handschar collar tabs. These oddities did exist and it seems the provenance on this set gives it credibility. The owner also posted a SS feldmutze with the two piece adler and totenkopf combination that came with the tunic and breeches.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Dimas-
    I agree with what you are saying. It is possible that the owner was wearing the title as a tradition title. If you ever saw the thread on Wilfred Kunstman, he was attached to Handschar but in a period photo is wearing an Allgemeine SS Nord cufftitle on his tunic with the Handschar collar tabs. These oddities did exist and it seems the provenance on this set gives it credibility. The owner also posted a SS feldmutze with the two piece adler and totenkopf combination that came with the tunic and breeches.

If the man's story is to be believed, which the material seems to underscore, I imagine that said person recycled his insignia on the later uniform. The uniform seems to have a kind of open collar, in fact.

In any case, my interest was the variation of the cuff title.

I was the recipient of a not unlike attic find of the SS Hauptamt uniform this year, and our world wide readership is interested in the detritus of the second world war heaved up by the deaths of so many persons of the generation, i.e. my parent's generation. Of course, such stories of things too good to be true often cause skepticism, but I think this case is legitimate.

In any case, I am not buying it, but the images have merit.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.This uniform emerged somewhat the same way, although I do not install heating and air conditioning, and was compelled to purchase it from a dealer. It was from the family of the veteran or their relatives in Tennessee or Kentucky, I think.

its still out there folks.

Friedrich-Berthold,

I hope you will not find it crass of me to do such a thing here, but it's getting late and I did want to wish you the Merriest Christmas and all the best in the coming New Year.

This goes for the rest of you as well.

A community is made great by its membership.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.
    Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold,

I hope you will not find it crass of me to do such a thing here, but it's getting late and I did want to wish you the Merriest Christmas and all the best in the coming New Year.

This goes for the rest of you as well.

A community is made great by its membership.
    Dear Colleauge, Merry Christmas to you and yours and may your 2013 be filled with good fortune.

The horizon before us is dark with troubled statecraft and human madness, but our will is unbroken and our honor is intact.

your FB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-26-2012 at 12:29 PM.

CBH
    ?

That is the kind of attic dreams are made of ! Someday I hope to find one of those myself .
    Merry Christmas and Cheers to you all !

?

This tunic is what dreams are made of and as usual alot of hot air is blown around here.The cuff is NOT early..in fact it's a wartime cuff and used by allgemeine and waffen ss.Its for SS headquarters who had a Flak battalion and infantry which explains tunic style as well as staff officers and legal offices etc etc.Its the SS high command cuff and worn by allgemeine and waffen ss when the command stucture and offices changed wartime.it's for the SS greater high command .The tunic also has amazing light grey straps for SS high command and also Himmler staff in the waffen ss before later in war when dark grey was worn.This is absolutely one of the most interesting tunics I have ever seen.No one would know enough to fake grey waffenfarbe shoulder straps with this cufftitle as it's very niche section of uniformology.
    Here is all the versions of this cuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RFSS cuff title of note.  

?

and that's the truth............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3