Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SD Tunic ?

Article about: Hello uniform and insignia experts I need opinions about this "SD" tunic... sorry for the bad pics... and... thank you for any opinion Pascal.

SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?The SD Sipo people wore an assortment of uniforms, whereby this police type is entirely possible.

Delich did not give the thing an upcheck, so I would leave it at that....

Happy foetid woolens and treat exciting stories of untouched, and "out of the woodwork" revelations with some doubt.

After all, seven and eight decades is a very long time.

You see here the uniform ca. 1939 (unten..) and then 1943 (oben...)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD Tunic ?
    P
    Many

These things are like a test "of your faith", of your optimism, and of your pessimism whichever you possess the most of for a given situation... Having open eyes and people still out there who have the knowledge to make the call sorts it out in the end, and we all learn something.

SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?I surely do not aver to myself some demigod like expertise, but some of us look at these things for a large chunk of every day.

I own more or less sixty SS caps and more or less thirty black tunics and overcoats, whereby some generalizations might arise.

Also, the Beaver books do allow some insights, as well, as does the Bando Beaver book on insignia, which more than replaces the defective Angolia book.

Finally, I am pen pals and chums with David Delich, who, to my mind, is the expert bar none. I ask him questions almost every day, and he asks them of me, too.

We have a vital and enduring correspondence.

Knowledge and instinct operate together.....

And, I could be wrong, and Messr Pascal's interlocutor may be right that it came from the Scheune, or however you say it in Alsatian dialect.

While on temporary duty, I had pleasant visits to Colmar in a distant and happier time.

Part of my family is from Alsace, in fact.

What does not exist is some utterly impartial, completely sovereign god like authority accepted by all, and always correct in every assessment.

The subjectivity of the task is beyond doubt, and a group of us have been through hell and more and come to respect each others' assessments.

But there is always something more to learn and the oddities and subtleties and variations are endless.

SS material is simply rare, and, in most cases, what you see on offer and in the internet is just plain fake.

The stories are also getting more and more hysterical and implausible in the retelling.

I also mean the stories told by youngsters today, who have no direct experience of persons of the epoch or of the posture in which we all found this stuff in the 1950s through the 1970s. It was junk, then, but SS stuff was never common. Young people cannot believe this fact, nor can they understand the context of surplus stores, attics,
    hock shops, coin shops, simple gun shows, theater sales, the odd quirky ex Nazi auction houses and the like. This biotope has vanished.

I realize that I am an unpleasant,SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ? old man, but I embrace my specificity.

I asked David Delich for some images of his SD items for the edification of all interested. I am sure he will unveil some of his remarkable and astonishing things.

Unfortunately, right now there are many things "surfacing" or "coming out of collections" in France that are rubbish ;-(

I remember hearing about the SD as a child. They left very bad and lasting memories with many residents of Europe, the ones still alive to talk about what happened... Even in the context of the Third Reich, they have a "special" place in history...

SD Tunic ?

Sicherheitsdienst in Polen 1939

For those who wish to read up about the SD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicherheitsdienst
    Last edited by Larboard; 01-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.

SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ?SD Tunic ? More data

SD Tunic ?The book on Heydrich and his acolytes is this one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast