Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?

Article about: Although I suspect not widely known, the jacket worn by Sepp Dietrich at Kharkov was actually captured French Army stock. (Please see attached photo of French Forces during the Norwegian Cam

?

Default Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?

Although I suspect not widely known, the jacket worn by Sepp Dietrich at Kharkov was actually captured French Army stock. (Please see attached photo of French Forces during the Norwegian Campaign of 1940). Although I have no evidence for it, I strongly suspect that Dietrich obtained the jacket in late 1942 when the Liebstandarte was refitting in France. I have seen photos of the same jacket worn by many U-boat crews stationed on the French Coast and soldiers on the Eastern Front such as Willy Jahde below. My question is - was the fur collar detachable on this style of jacket? Perhaps our French members will know? I suspect Jahde has simply removed the fur collar to better display his Ritterkruez. Just curious.
    Thanks in advance,
    Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?   Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?  

Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?
    P
    Many

?

I found an additional photo. It looks as if the collar was not detachable. Major Jahde has simply cut his collar off to (I suspect) better display his Ritterkruez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sepp Dietrich’s ‘Kharkov’ Jacket question?