Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Sleeve eagle authentication

Article about: Hey guys. I have this waffen SS sleeve eagle that I believe is authentic. When I posted pictures of it on the militaria collecting Reddit thread a few people said it was a repro which has me

Default Sleeve eagle authentication

Hey guys. I have this waffen SS sleeve eagle that I believe is authentic. When I posted pictures of it on the militaria collecting Reddit thread a few people said it was a repro which has me unsure about it I was hoping to post some pictures and maybe someone who is more of an expect on me could tell me the status of my item. Please let me know what you think if possible. Thank you, Brendan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sleeve eagle authentication   Sleeve eagle authentication  

Sleeve eagle authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sleeve eagle authentication
    P
    Many

?

A textbook "Dachau" sleeve eagle. No problems here.

Quote by Vidal View Post
    A textbook "Dachau" sleeve eagle. No problems here.
    Awesome thanks dude that makes me feel so much better lol. I bought it off my friend who’s grandad was in Normandy. And according to him he got it off an ss pow in France. But it doesn’t look like it was taken off a uniform. Could some soldiers have had extra replacement patches on them? And if possible could this have been from das reich or the 12ss Hitler youth?

?

No problem Brendan.
    This is an unissued late war eagle. It has been cut from what would have been a larger sheet. This pattern sleeve eagle was not specific to any particular SS division and was found in large quantities at Dachau upon liberation.

Vidal hit the nail on the head with this one. Great unissued eagle from Dachau. Yes, in some instances soldiers would carry replacement patches with them but its unlikely this was one of them. Its still a nice original SS sleeve eagle nonetheless.

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Vidal hit the nail on the head with this one. Great unissued eagle from Dachau. Yes, in some instances soldiers would carry replacement patches with them but its unlikely this was one of them. Its still a nice original SS sleeve eagle nonetheless.
    Awww I was hoping it could be connected with one of those divisions but that’s ok I’m kore than happy just knowing it real lol. Thanks a lot for the help dudes!

?

Here is an uncut sheet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sleeve eagle authentication  

Those look a lot more silvery than mine. But other than that they look exactly alike. I’m guessing the one I have just faded of 80+ years?

- - ------- - -

Lol looking at that sheet for some reason that’s not how I picture them making them😂