Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Armband

Article about: Hello all I have a preliminary positive decision regarding this armband from a collector of German uniforms I know. I'd like to hear other opinions regards

I think it can help, the wristband was bought together with all the items from the liquidated collection.
    Everything would probably fit together.
    Stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband  
    Last edited by Skalski; 02-20-2022 at 11:46 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband
    P
    Many

?

I take caution when these pieces are not made from wool but from cotton. I personally do not like the thicker black ribbons compared to the wool examples. When in doubt I pass on it. However, I respect Gwar his opinion.

I was also concerned about these broad boundaries.
    I sent the photos to a collector friend and he wrote back to me like this:
    ,,It depended on the manufacturer and the material available, here they just used a trim tape"

Here are some good examples, also look at the wide black tape

Link:
    ss armband thoughts?

?

In my opinion, I also have to agree with Arran. While it is true that these cotton armbands did have variations, they still had a fairly uniform proportionality and base textile. The textile used in the original post is nothing like other accepted period originals and the proportions of the black ribbon borders are, as Arran commented, quite a departure from the norm. Are there any other SS-related items in the grouping it came with?

Hi,
    The set also includes two pairs of SA collar tabs
    The headband looks much better than in the photos.
    The workmanship is absolutely correct according to several other reviews about this armband.
    Arran can get confused as in other posts I have followed.
    As Gwar wrote, there is definitely a lack of Bob Coleman, who apparently had a lot of experience with this type of different armbands, and it is clear from the posts that he broke more than one opinion.
    Where other users made it clear that they were copies, including Arran ....

A few more photos may help
    Useful link
    SS armband
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband   SS Armband  

SS Armband   SS Armband  

SS Armband   SS Armband  

Last edited by Skalski; 11-20-2021 at 12:55 AM.

My armband on the left on the right from another post in this forum.
    Anyone still have objections to the construction?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband  
    Last edited by Skalski; 02-20-2022 at 11:47 AM.

?

Here are some period photos from my SS album of various Armbands in wear by SS men. The top photo shows a wider black band top and bottom on his armband. Second photo is harder to make out but looks to have a wider band top and bottom. The 3rd photo down shows wider black bands top and bottom with a smaller roundel that is more circle in nature than the common more oval shaped roundels. Thought I would share for reference.

I am not crazy about the black herringbone patterned black material that makes up the upper and lower tape bands. I have seen this material used in 1960s and 1970s armband reproduction constructions. If I have an issue with it that is my issue and not so much proportions as I believe they varied in some cases. Here is a good prior thread where Bob Coleman also mentions the herringbone material versus the period ribbed material on tape / black bands. I personally would not purchase the one you post but that is my opinion.

Cloth SS Armband for Summer Use?

SS Armband

SS Armband

SS Armband

SS Armband

SS Armband
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-20-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2