Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Ss armband - opinions please

Article about: Hi all, It’s the end of the month so I thought I’d treat myself to my first SS armband. Does it look okay? I’m waiting for the clock to strike midnight and get my money before I can bu

Yeah I think I saw the thread on the ones Bill sold. They were in very nice condition!
    I like the one I got because it’s been clearly worn and it makes me wonder who wore it and what stories it could tell.

I only fell in to the hobby because I was at an auction and randomly bought a small nsdap pennant ever since then it’s started to take over my life. But I’m so glad I bought that pennant! I love the hobby.

Every dealers website I find I save to my home page on my phone and constantly check what new items they have listed because all of the good stuff gets snapped up quickly. That’s how I found this armband… I want an SS dagger next but will have to save up a bit first for a good one.

I think a lot more people have got in to the hobby now because they watch the YouTube videos. Plus it’s fun and a good place to invest especially with the current financial climate. So this is driving prices up.
    Last edited by 3rdreich; 09-30-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Improved grammar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss armband - opinions please
    P
    Many

?

The armband is original but the tag has been added.You can tell by the damage and what looks like white glue peeking out around the edges.The tag should have a D tag..the letters are tax letters and are for what level of work was put into the construction.NSDAP band you spoke of is a B because there is no stripes to add and extra construction work.The armband is nice but you should have not paid over 600 for it as such with a reglued wrong tag.Id keep it but ask for a partial refund.The chart posted about the letters is for each type of item which is different numbering system from the construction level letters.Its like all daggers or metal have an M.Each piece of insignia has a different letter.

?

Nick E - I can only agree, but the buyer stated he is happy even though the (fake?) tag has been re-applied.

I recommended the buyer to invest in a USD 20 UV-light to check if it glows (and use the UV-light for future purchases as well), but that's of course up to the buyer to decide. White glue is not used on German WW2 items.

Hi Nick thanks for the advice your not the first person to value it at 600 a dealer friend of mine said the exact thing as you. I thought the tag had been added to an original armband. It’s my first SS armband so I will keep it. I wouldn’t know where to buy another from atm tbh not without paying close to 1000. It looks good in my display cabinet so at least I know it’s original & what to look out for moving forward. The guy I got it from said he would always trade it for something else in his collection if I wanted to buy something from him in the future / buy it back from me. He has given me a 12 month guarantee on it too. So I’ve always got that option moving forward.

Putzi I will get a Uv light. I think it’s good to have one in the house for future purchases.

before the waters get muddy i will say again 100% Real ss armband , price has become subjective all round seen a cufftilttle sell for $16000 euros a few months back thats $30k to me . who the **** has that sort of money for a cuff title ..

i have a nice ss armband one with d tag and some cloth tags , what are the chances me getting these prices ? funny i here all the time its about the history blabla then when you go to sell it the condition is not good for them or this and that

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6