Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS armband with rzm tag

Article about: I am awaiting a refund from a purchase of a possible fake armband today and a check to hit my account. When that happens I will gladly sign up for membership so I can cross post this in the

Thomas Wittmann has one for sale.
    But it’s $895 which is reasonable.
    It’s if I were to get charged import duties on top of that, would make it over $1000 with shipping costs to UK.
    Guy Brush is based in USA so he wouldn’t have to worry about hidden fees!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS armband with rzm tag
    P
    Many

I sent Thomas Wittmann photographs of mine too & he’s confident it’s 100% authentic.
    So I’ve got a few emails from well know dealers to put with mine for authentication purposes.
    I’m glad I finally own one! I’m going to buy a Japanese edition of Mein Kampf soon I think that will be fun to have in my collection.

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    I sent Thomas Wittmann photographs of mine too & he’s confident it’s 100% authentic.
    So I’ve got a few emails from well know dealers to put with mine for authentication purposes.
    I’m glad I finally own one! I’m going to buy a Japanese edition of Mein Kampf soon I think that will be fun to have in my collection.
    Are you Japanese?

Quote by siratori View Post
    Hi!!! Comrade "Vocht".
    Compared to the Third Reich, the munitions collection of the Imperial Japanese Army is not as good as that of the Germans.

Also, unlike the Germans, many Japanese left their items behind as mementos and went off to war, so there is a great abundance of authentic items.
    This makes it an environment where many cheap, living authentic items can be obtained for as little as €10-20 in Euro equivalents.
    Therefore, the irony is that there are few fakes because there is no profit to be made.

Even the Japanese "Zuiho", the German equivalent of the "Deutsches Kreuz in Gold", costs less than €700.00.
    Above all, the Japanese do not think well of the Nazi history, but the Nazi organization, symbols, and uniforms are very attractive.
    Many people want to get their hands on them, but are unable to.
    They have to weigh their lives against the Nazi orders, so their lives come first.
    (LoL)
    Interesting question from Vocht! I also feel that TR items are the most popular in all nations, whether they are people from nations that once fought against Germany or those that were allied with it. This is of course particularly confusing with the Americans, French or English, who were decided enemies of Germany and in some cases have remained to this day - in the meantime even Russians are collecting the TR articles! - while the Japanese or Italians, for example, fought on the German side. For me as a German-born a very interesting thing!

No I’m from UK.
    But there is a couple of Japanese editions of Mein Kampf one of them is the Adolf Hitler biography edition with the photographs in.
    I really love the cover of the book. I have a German Jubilee (50th birthday edition) they just look good to display with my other items.
    This is the one I like..
    Attached Images Attached Images SS armband with rzm tag 

?

Very cool. The Mein Kampf editions in different languages are collectible by themselves! Unfortunately the Japanese militaria is hardly for sale here because I would love to add some of that to the collection. Only have some Red Cross medal which is beautifully designed.

Thomas Wittmann has one for sale.
    But it’s $895 which is reasonable.
    It’s if I were to get charged import duties on top of that, would make it over $1000 with shipping costs to UK.
    Guy Brush is based in USA so he wouldn’t have to worry about hidden fees!
    i don't see any armband on his site

Also Thomas Wittmann another well know dealer from US shows an example of an authentic SS on his latest unboxing video..
    I’m not sure if you watch these videos?
    He provides a lot of knowledge on Authenticating Third Reich daggers primarily but with a lot of other items too.
    You can watch the whole video or if you just want to see an SS armband scroll along to 55 minutes in and you can see one. Here is the link..
    Down the Cellar 47 - Bottoms Up - YouTube
    I hope this helps.
    I suggest you not recommend that other, newer, collectors blindly believe what this seller has to say.
    You need to do some research, and post ANYTHING you want to have authenticated before purchasing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Did you watch the video I sent?
    The Wittmann unboxing video 47 on YouTube?
    If not here is the link…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_jujnWk3p8&feature=youtu.be

Fast forward to 56 minutes in to the video. You can see the armband in question. So I did provide details of the armband to the forum first.

Thomas purchased this armband himself from the Max show. It wasn’t sent to him by a collector.
    I contacted Thomas myself via email after seeing the unboxing video. It still hasn’t been added to his site.

Wittmann provides a lifetime guarantee so Guybrush is safe with this dealer and I also said Thomas deals primarily with daggers.. I know some of the things people send Wittmann to buy is junk.

This is what Thomas said to me in relation to me buying the armband. I was going to purchase it myself along with the other I bought this week. After working out the import fees and postage cost it would be cheaper for me to buy the one from ulricofengland at £995. Which is why I told GuyBrush about it.

“I do have the SS Armband I bought at the MAX Show. It is a bit pricey, as I payed dearly for it.
    I want $895 for it. With the current rate of the pound against the dollar, this will probably be a killer.

Best,

Thomas T. Wittmann”

What can you tell me about the details of the embroidered rzm tags on SS armbands. I have seen a few variations. Is there only one example or multiple? What should I look for with stitching and location of the tag or tags? What should I look for as far as the layout?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast