Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS banner?

Article about: I just saw this at a local shop. Any opinions, please?

?

Default SS banner?

I just saw this at a local shop. Any opinions, please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS banner?   SS banner?  

SS banner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS banner?
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS banner?   SS banner?  

SS banner?   SS banner?  

SS banner?   SS banner?  

SS banner?  

I'm not a flag guy, so I will reserve a opinion. Bob's opinion would be one I'd like to hear, however. I will say this, the teeth appear to be quite crude, even odd.
    But if this turns out to be authentic, it would be Another amazing find, just like all the others. We'll have to start calling you Mr. Luck instead of Mr. Dean.

I also won't say I have my doubts, as that isn't fair considering my lack of knowledge in these, but I will agree with Gel, the material looks incorrect in certain areas. These are über rare so remember that the detailing and material and construction must be thoroughly scrutinized and examined, among other things, of course.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.

?

My overall feeling on this is that it is a repro. The material reminds me of that of a 60s era repro. The hooks look as if they are new not sure if this is the correct style that would be used for the flag. I would classify this one as repro, but I am no expert if you do not mind can you tell me what they are asking for it

?

Thanks, gentleman. And no Gel, I do not mind at all. He wants $275.
    I've acquired a few nice pieces from him in the past. He is not an expert by any means but he does come across some nice items. I too, have my doubts...otherwise I would not have asked you guys.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Thanks, gentleman. And no Gel, I do not mind at all. He wants $275.
    I've acquired a few nice pieces from him in the past. He is not an expert by any means but he does come across some nice items. I too, have my doubts...otherwise I would not have asked you guys.
    Hi Dean

Has you know, im not an SS guy.
    I usually do not comment on these type of items.
    But in my opinion, this is not a period piece, the material seems wrong.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

I respect your opinions, gentlemen . I've been walking past this item for the last month thinking its no good. I just had to check. Thanks for the added info.

Ps:
    It just bugged me..the SS bolts poked my eyes every time I looked at it. Like lightning bolts .

Definitely not a piece I would want to own. The quality is far below what I would expect to find on a SS piece. I would not even consider it of SA quality. It is also much later than the 1960's. I was alive and collecting at that time and NO ONE bothered to make these type of fakes at that time of plentiful material and few seekers. The construction of this is of a more recent vintage.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for your expert opinion, Mr. Coleman. I had a strong feeling that it was a remake. Like I said before, I had to ask. Just in case. Thanks again.
    Dean

I wish I was alive and collecting in the 60's lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast