Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Black-Top EM/NCO Visor by Fewegla

Article about: Here is my latest SS Black-top visor by Felix Weissbach in Glachau. This visor is constructed of a fine wool unlike the Trikot wool commonly found on these caps. It has a nice graceful saddl

?

Thank you Santi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black-Top EM/NCO Visor by Fewegla
    P
    Many

?

F-B would celebrate your most recent acquisition. In memory of his stellar work I send you congratulations. I remember when he encouraged you to get a cap to go with your badges. Now you have two fine examples. Well done.

CBH
    ?

I echo the above statement, Friedrich B would be proud of your collection. As are we.

I agree with all those comments Al. You've put in the time studying the subject gaining knowledge and cautiously building your collection over time. A practice FB would endorse.

?

Thank you Gentlemen for the kinds words and encouragement. I keep thinking of F-B encouraging me to get a hat and it never occurred to me that I would actually acquire even one. The thread in December before he left the forum has been instrumental as a tutorial on these caps. Thank you all for your help and support as I burn through my bank account.

Regards, Al

What is he insignia on this SS NCO's cap?

?

I wanted to post an update on this cap with a lesson to be learned. I have been searching for a replacement eagle that would match the TK better. Preferably cupal or zinc with some matching wear to replace the aluminum version currently on the cap. I located what I thought was a nicely worn zinc version at a nice price. When it arrived today I quickly took pictures of it and began the nerve wracking procedure of changing the eagle without damaging any prongs or putting needless extra holes in my cap. I ignored the heavy weight and chunky look of the eagle because I was eager to get it on my cap. When i was done I was proud of my work and took new pictures of the cap. I felt the Gods of collecting were smiling on me when I took the photographs and you can see in the last picture a solo ray of light shining on my masterpiece, LOL.

Before I began to post to this thread I started looking at the closeup photographs I took earlier and began seeing red flags that were very obvious. Signs of casting flaws, wrong attachments, and a few other indicators. i reached out to Sid who confirmed it was a cast fake. Now of course when I look at the photo's it's so obvious I can't un-see it. For the purpose of learning I'll post the photographs anyway to show how futile my efforts were.

Moral: look before you leap.

SS Black-Top EM/NCO Visor by FeweglaSS Black-Top EM/NCO Visor by Fewegla

I have since returned the cap to it's previous state and shipped the fake eagle back for a refund
    Last edited by Aldo; 08-21-2020 at 02:00 AM.

?

Patience has paid off and I found the perfect eagle for my mismatched insignia cap. This Deschler eagle in cupal matches the patina of the Deschelr skull on the cap perfectly. I put it on hold but I cant wait to replace the insignia.

soon to be transformed

?

The magic of photoshop will have to do for now....

A match made in heaven it appears to be!!
    Look forward seeing it on the cap!!
    Love your threads Al..
    You have all the A+ stuff my friend.

?

Thank you my friend. It’s been another spectacular year in collecting for me. I still got one more big ticket item coming soon. I’ll keep you posted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast