Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Cap

Article about: I think so too, cupal Zimmerman I think. Just a repaired pin that went through to the outside. That's what the seller told me anyway.

Default Re: SS Cap

Very true Ben.
    As we all know SS caps are a nightmare, and with a starting bid of £1500 it's enough to send most people scampering off to the corner. Not putting you on a pedestal or anything like that, but you are the only one that I trust where caps are concerned, as you know I've sent a few off for you to authenticate so me saying I've handled it proves nothing, but when I have a bad feeling, I'm usually right. Once you've owned and sold something you don't really want it back unless you have a buyer for it, or the price is too good to pass on it.

I just know what it's like to lay out a lot of money in the hope that someone will buy it. If the seller has been touting it around the shows like Paul suggests, and had no takers, it just goes to show you the lack of knowledge in the "dealer world"

Either that, or he was asking for collectors prices

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    If the seller has been touting it around the shows like Paul suggests, and had no takers, it just goes to show you the lack of knowledge in the "dealer world"
    I think that may have a lot to do with it.
    This can be a strange hobby, once one person turns a high end item down, everybody else gets suspicious and a "stigma" gets attached to it making it a nightmare to sell. But it's a catch 22 though because the more you drop the price, the more people get suspicious.

As for some UK dealers, they've been selling fakes so long, they've forgotten what an original looks like. They won't hear of it though because, "listen young lad, I've been doing this for 30 years".

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Oh, and who ever starts bidding with 5 days left to go!
    I've been following this thread out of curiosity and cannot comment on that cap in question, but the above comment caught my eye.

This is one of the things that have always confused me about EBay! Who are these people driving up the price well before the auction is about to end? I know on occasion the seller sets up an account to bid on their own items, or has a friend bid, but this can't be the case all of the time! There have been so many occasions where I've been interested in an item, but lost interest 3 or 4 days before the auction ended because the price went through the roof. This really pisses me off. Sorry for the rant. I'll now go back to being a fly on the wall....

Quote by BenVK View Post
    As for some UK dealers, they've been selling fakes so long, they've forgotten what an original looks like. They won't hear of it though because, "listen young lad, I've been doing this for 30 years".
    Well I know that doesn't apply to me

Well, gents, I have walked away. Seen was an opportunity for a younger collector/student of these objects such as me to have a great piece in hand from which to learn... though I fear at this point it's not quite worth the headache/heartache. I think it is indeed a fine original piece in a great price range, but what do I know?

?

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    to have a great piece in hand from which to learn
    There are better ways to study these things than getting into a bidding frenzy on ebay.

?

and it is removed from ebay.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    There are better ways to study these things than getting into a bidding frenzy on ebay.
    Truer words have not been spoken, my friend. These SS hats capture my intrigue as much as anyone. I have seen authentic pieces in person, but I have never had the opportunity to examine one myself.

?

Quote by cysior View Post
    and it is removed from ebay.
    Surprised it lasted this long actualy. All the forces in work behind the scenes trying buy the cap before the auction ends etc. It ***** reallly.

Just noticed that you can't say s u c kes on this forum, that's quite comical!

yes It's a Deschler, now It's obvious. The insignia are 100% Original for sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast