Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss cap and tunic up for review

Article about: Guys i had a seller offer me this cap. Seems abit odd with a worn out interior but looks new. Any help is always greatly appreciated

Default Ss cap and tunic up for review

Guys i had a seller offer me this cap. Seems abit odd with a worn out interior but looks new, seller also has a tunic that looks abit off. Any help is always greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss cap and tunic up for review   Ss cap and tunic up for review  

Ss cap and tunic up for review   Ss cap and tunic up for review  

Ss cap and tunic up for review   Ss cap and tunic up for review  

Ss cap and tunic up for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss cap and tunic up for review
    P
    Many

?

The don't think that the tunic is an SS tunic. It would be a Heer panzer tunic. Can't comment on authenticity though. The cap insignia puts me off abit. But i'll leave those to the experts.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-12-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Hat is a Franky. (Lining is legit from a Zettel visor).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Hat is a Franky. (Lining is legit from a Zettel visor).
    May i ask what a franky is ? The liner looked legit. But i had seen a thread on this sort of thing not long ago. I saw a visor with good liner ,, but the visor was bad. My buddy wanted the cap... I begged him not to buy it... He now says the cap is real and he had to pay to have it authenticated...sounds abit fishy to me.... Im sure there's a million guys who will say the cap is good if one paid someone to ' authenticate' an item....

My buddy said he paid 500 bucks to have it looked at... He said the skull and eagle are correct.... I begged him not to buy it.... He now said he wants to sell it for $4500....

So i have been on the lookout for this cap being offered for sale...

Iam interested to hear more opinions about this piece lol

MAP
    ?

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    May i ask what a franky is ? The liner looked legit. But i had seen a thread on this sort of thing not long ago. I saw a visor with good liner ,, but the visor was bad. My buddy wanted the cap... I begged him not to buy it... He now says the cap is real and he had to pay to have it authenticated...sounds abit fishy to me.... Im sure there's a million guys who will say the cap is good if one paid someone to ' authenticate' an item....

My buddy said he paid 500 bucks to have it looked at... He said the skull and eagle are correct.... I begged him not to buy it.... He now said he wants to sell it for $4500....

So i have been on the lookout for this cap being offered for sale...
    An original SS visor with colored Waffenfarbe would probably be 3x's the price he is selling this for. Probably more as I don't swim in this pool.

Second, I'm sure Stony, in using the term "Frankie", is referring to a "Frankenstein". Put together with I suspect a few original pieces. i.e fake.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is the original sales pitch when it was being dumped on Gunbroker:

Just picked up at another antique shop in Weisbaden. These are getting so rd to find, once collectors have them they are unwilling to sell them. This is the first one I have even ran across in the past eight years. Very nice condition, except for one small minor spot on the top. As for price there is really nothing else to compare the price to because they are not out there. I was able to find just one other out there for a sale on a " big " dealer website, no where in the pristine condition as this one here.....his price, almost 11k !!! I am open to any fair offer. If you need more photos, let me know, I have many more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss cap and tunic up for review  

Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 real SS Panzer visors in collections today.
    If a real one were to ever surface on the open market (which almost never happens), expect to pay $25,000 at a minimum.

Stonemint, wow haha. Seriously? I cannot believe people try to let this bs slide.... I kept asking my buddy where he got it from and he dosent seem too happy now..