Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The SS Cloth I acquired Yesterday!

Article about: Just like to give you an update every time i get new SS Cloth =) Share your Thoughts!

Default The SS Cloth I acquired Yesterday!

Just like to give you an update every time i get new SS Cloth =) Share your Thoughts!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The SS Cloth I acquired Yesterday!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The SS Cloth I acquired Yesterday!
    P
    Many

Thanks for Sharing the SS community will also give their thoughts. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The eagle looks good, from what I can see...

?

You may want to post photos of reverse as well as obverse. Nice find if all checkout.

I'm not an expert on trapezoids, but I believe the trap is a good one, too. Here are some trapezoids in the same style:

The diamond is an SS Reiter qualification badge, for the cavalry. I have seen very few of these, but here is a thread where they are discussed:

early Allgemeine cavalry tab

?

Thumbs up

I think they are good, I do not see anything that jumps out at me.
    Sarge

?

I think they are ok as well

Since this is one for sale on our forum here, and I'm in discussion with Versatile170 on maybe buying it from him, I wanted to post these pictures to the sellers original thread for a close up review instead of starting a new thread on it. Keeps everything tidy and in the open, and he's being a gentleman on doing this here.

I think the initial feelings on this eagle were it's an original Dachau piece and I have made comparisons to those I can find here and on other forums that lead me to believe it's correct, but I was hoping perhaps it could be confirmed with these close ups from the sales thread since SS stuff has been reproduced with such skill.

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by avenger; 08-15-2015 at 04:56 AM.

The sleeve eagle still looks good to me. It looks like a standard Dachau piece. I'm sure others will chime in shortly with their opinions. Good luck!

For the variety of Aermelhoheitszeichen for the blouse and such, do consult the Bando Beaver insignia book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast