Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS ? collar patch identification help please

Article about: Hi Just picked this up today, tried to see if I could find an example of it, I can't, can anyone positively identify it please ? Thanks steve

Default SS ? collar patch identification help please

Hi
    Just picked this up today, tried to see if I could find an example of it, I can't, can anyone positively identify it please ?
    Thanks steveSS ?  collar patch identification help pleaseSS ?  collar patch identification help pleaseSS ?  collar patch identification help pleaseSS ?  collar patch identification help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ?  collar patch identification help please
    P
    Many

30th Warren Grenadier division Der SS Russian No 2 ???????
    Looking under magnification to the rear the original weave has disintegrated away though there are remains of the weave.

30th SS Division - Russian Volunteers...

I would still like for the community here to see a comparable material made example of the same.
    Hopefully anyone reading this may be able to post an example.

I dont collect these and know nothing about them or this SS division ..yet the what has been noticed on other SS tab examples is that silver wire that is in that SS designation as this example shows a cotton type threading.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have to agree with Larry. The last ditch (late 1944 - May 1945) SS divisions never really received their collar tabs, meaning the ones found in the Dachau Depot like the Eastern legions never reached the troops. For this reason there is no photo evidence of much of this stuff.

So stick to the standard tabs with the usual buckram and white/grey thread in my opinion.

...I didn't buy this as SS or spend big bucks on it , material wise it looked similar to an original SS ORs collar I have , this I found amongst some other British wartime medals and related insignia which were being sold at a general flea fair today in the UK.
    So I paid the huge sum of £2.

....I thought it looked right so I splashed out lol