MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer

Article about: Hi Guys Need your help,2hat do you think about these tabs? Can buy them from a man who doesn't collect ww2 items,he told me he got it from his dad ca 25 years ago Greetings Ulke

?

Default SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer

Hi Guys
    Need your help,2hat do you think about these tabs?
    Can buy them from a man who doesn't collect ww2 items,he told me he got it from his dad ca 25 years ago

Greetings Ulke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer   SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer
    P
    Many

The SS tab is no good. The rank tab looks good. These are not matching tabs.

Look at the back image of both tabs.

Do you see the difference between the 2 tabs brown buckram material?

In your image of reverse side the right tab which is the rank tab has a more of a loose strand appearance with the sigrune tab buckram is a tighter weave. That material on the Sigrune tab is not correct. And the imitation bullion, that does not look like original bullion used.

?

Thank you Rich for your explanation
    I see what you mean,i realy like the rank tab

Greetings Ulke

The view of the rear, of both tabs, do not strike me as tabs that have been through an 80 year passage of time, just an observation
    Regards
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    The view of the rear, of both tabs, do not strike me as tabs that have been through an 80 year passage of time, just an observation
    Regards
    Paul
    Sometimes original tabs are kept in a cigar box or similar and when removed can look as good as the day they went into the box. The rank tab I am not 100% on it being original but it just might be. The sigrune tab with the twisted silver around its perimeter also eludes to being not correct as well.

The bullion thread on the runes seems 'too thick' & there seems a lack of embedment by the prongs ?

SS collar tabs Hauptsturmfuhrer

Compare. Image courtesy of Griffin Militaria

Griffin's runes look to have a thinner thread, this is really noticeable when looking at the rune height, in comparison to the op tab
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Griffin's runes look to have a thinner thread, this is really noticeable when looking at the rune height, in comparison to the op tab
    Paul
    Unterlargen & the wire spun thread is baring it's core & the detail you wrote of. The Griffin example is the most desired and marketable collar tab. That last feature is important too!