Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS collar tabs for review

Article about: Where is it today?

Default SS collar tabs for review

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for review Hello to all! I recently picked up these collar tabs in a lot purchase. These are the first SS related items I've purchased so I'm pretty lost as to authenticity. Any help or insight would be appreciated please? As always all comments are welcome many thanks in advance. Best regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs for review
    P
    Many

?

Hmmm... I don't know the lining on the outside looks okay. The runes just look a bit too messy. Also, the back part would normally have a string used to keep the extra cloth down. I'm no ss expert, but I don't know about this one

?

I'm no expert, but having seen countless Rune tabs on this forum, to my eye, the Sig Runes seem too thin

Bad all round piping for a start and the cloth even though velvet is correct for use but for oak leaf;s
    Attached Images Attached Images SS collar tabs for review 

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewPlease compare....

Thank you very much gentlemen for all your replies. I wasn't holding out a ton of hope for them being authentic but it sure would have been a nice find. For future reference the runes on the tabs I posted are 3/16" wide the legs are 9/16" in length along their outer edges respectively. I read in previous posts about the "skinny runes" and it was a concern of mine so I hope it may help someone else in the future I.d. real vs. fake? In any event my sincere thanks for your time and respones. Best regards

Brian

I would mention two points: a.) the piping is incorrect and b.) the embroidery is really awful.

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewLook at this, please.

SS collar tabs for reviewSS collar tabs for reviewWould this woman make something this awful?

SS collar tabs for reviewAt the same time, I warrant that there are better and lesser quality to such hand work, but the enclosure is an old fake, I think.
    And such fakes were prevalent in the 1960s.

Here is an SS cap and an army cap I owned in 1973.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast