Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS combat Y-strap

Article about: Hello all Today i am showing you SS Y-strap, only SS piece of equipment that i have in my collection. Strap is dated 1941 and has OTA manfacturer code, OTA stand for Trikotfabriken Y.Schiess

?

Default SS combat Y-strap

Hello all
    Today i am showing you SS Y-strap, only SS piece of equipment that i have in my collection.
    Strap is dated 1941 and has OTA manfacturer code, OTA stand for Trikotfabriken Y.Schiesser, A.G. ,Radolfzell.

SS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strapSS combat Y-strap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS combat Y-strap
    P
    Many

There is one problem, first time I see this kind of piece with SS markings, I collecting them.
    Look at the marking from 1938...

SS combat Y-strap
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Can you explain what exactly is the problem?
    And maybe compare it to yours markings?

I never saw such marking on Y straps.
    I think markings were before the war on the leather, not after 1940.
    There is one post on WRF with all the SS markings.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

So problem is SS and RZM marking or OTA 41 marking?

I am far from knowledgeable in this field, but after a search it looks like the RZM 101/38 SS stamp is a known fake marking.

Fake SS leather markings ( belt & cross straps D rings etc)

Hello,
    In my opinion, these Y-straps should have been posted in the Equipment subforum, even if they show "SS" markings.
    In addition to comments on markings, you would have received comments on the straps as well.
    As i won't move the thread because it may be of interest for collectors of SS marked items, i shall add my comment here.

I'm not a collector of SS items, so i won't comment on SS markings.

Trikotfabriken Schiesser's three letter code is ota, not OTA.
    Considering these photos, i would say that these Y-straps were uncomplete and probably damaged and have been pimped. The buttonholes on the back strap do not indicate a WWII german production. IMO the back strap has been added and i wouldn't be surprised if it was a post war austrian back strap. Both rivets on the frontal straps are different and there is a stitching at this location on the left strap, it may be the sign of a repair or something like that (wartime done ?). All studs should be painted steel but they're not, IMO, they were all added because original ones were missing or in bad condition, they might be post war austrian as well.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The problem is the SS RZM marking.

?

So to sum up, marking is fake but straps are mostly original, damaged parts may or may not be ww2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast