Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS "Dachau" collar tabs - original/fake

Article about: Hello, I would like to have your opinion on these collar tabs. Original or not? it looks good.

Default SS "Dachau" collar tabs - original/fake

Hello,

I would like to have your opinion on these collar tabs. Original or not? it looks good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS "Dachau" collar tabs - original/fake
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I have looked at this set many times. Considering it is a rare piece without much reference it is extremely hard to determine. ( I also posted this exact piece on WAF but did not get any useful answers) Some points:

1. The price is very low for the rarity and has been for sale since September last year.
    2. Looks identical like the Mollo example in the SS-TV book. (page 28)
    3. Construction looks identical to the Delich example posted on this forum before. Also very early A-SS tabs shown on the HH auction.

Personally I think this Sturmbann Dachau set is authentic. However when it comes to reselling this can be difficult because there is almost no reference. Bob Hritz shows an example on WAF, please check it out: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Hi Vocht,

Thanks for your reply.
    I've been talking to Kelly H about this, and he says "the D seems crooked". What do you think?

And thanks for the link but I never managed to create an account on this forum. I can never connect.

?

Kelly H can have his opinion. I do not remember he ever sold one though.

The version in the Mollo book is "crooked" as well. Not sure if I am allowed to post this here:

I have been too cowardly to pull the trigger on this set because I am not 100% convinced. That tiny % doubt will always be in the back of my mind.

Kelly H told me : "it's out of my knowledge range, I haven't handled the earliest types. But the D seems crooked". So he doesn't know, but he raised the question "D".

In the image of the collar tabs, the D is parallel to the cord piping.

?

This can be the images by the seller. He should make a few more. Let's see who else shows up in the thread with opinions.

Yes, let's see who else shows up in the thread with opinions. Thanks Vocht!