Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type

Article about: Hi Guys, Just wanted to share this recent acquisition with you. It's a 2nd type, machine embroidered, EM/NCOs tab showing use & wear. I'd say it's been cut off a collar as opposed to 'to

CBH
    ?

Here’s my beVo example, well worn, I have to admit I cleaned the ruins slightly when I got it, it was that dirty. It’s from a US veteran bring back group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type   SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM/NCO Tab machine embroidered, 2nd type
    P
    Many

Really nice Chris...thanks for showing ! My other 2 tabs (1 mint Bevo EM & 1 slightly worn Officer's bullion) don't exhibit the same wear as my new tab, find it really interesting to study !
    Best
    Paul

?

Hey Chris, I am curious about the white buckram. How does one decide which buckram is authentic? If the weave is loose and not tight enough you can expect it to be post '45. What about colour? I see the lighter colours on the BEVO versions but not the ones made by hand... Is there a rule to it?

Vocht, there are a few variations of accepted buckram, if you research the original examples, you'll get a picture of right & wrong, there are are many examples to study here.
    Regards
    Paul

?

Someone should start a reference thread to post SS runic tabs like the sleeve eagle thread started by John4022. It would be a great place to see all types of materials, backing, construction and wear patterns.

Reference for SS Sleeve Eagles (Please Share Yours)

Here is my Bevo runic tab to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

I believe only BeVo style tabs used white muslin, but I’m not positive.
    My tab came from M16 fan a former member who was disposing of a large collection WW2 US veteran bring backs. It was a incredible group, and I luckily enough got five pieces out of it.
    And Al I believe I tried starting a runic tab tread but it didn’t catch on, but worth a try.

?

Here I started one. let's see if it catches on

Reference for SS runic collar tabs (Please Share Yours)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2