Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Flag/Banner Need some help?

Article about: Hey guys - I am new here and I am a new collector - any help with identifying it? Thank you! Sorry - I posted another picture with it... too...

?

Default SS Flag/Banner Need some help?

Hey guys - I am new here and I am a new collector - any help with identifying it? Thank you!

Sorry - I posted another picture with it... too...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Flag/Banner Need some help?   SS Flag/Banner Need some help?  

Last edited by reidii; 03-22-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: messed up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Flag/Banner Need some help?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Flag/Banner Need some help?

One of the items in the other photo might be a better use of your money. That pennant is a fantasy item.

Hi Reidii, the fantasy SS pennants are now over 25 years old and sadly are still doing the rounds fooling new collectors.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks very much for the info. It is good to know. I kept searching and searching for something even resembling this and there was nothing. I've ordered some books from amazon now. Now it is just going to be years of experience and questions! thanks again!

Delta International began selling these flags in the late 1960's. They could be found at every gun show in the United States, The oennants were made with vaious Waffen SS divisional insignia. In fact, the design is total fantasy and the construction techniques have no resemblance to period pieces.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Well, I gotta start learning somewhere.
    thanks -I found something here too.
    Axis History Forum • View topic - Nazi Flag Identification?

Dick
    ?

Sorry, like the others have said, this type pennant you show is the most commom of the fantasy junk pieces, value about five bucks.

?

So two more bucks and I can get a pack of smokes...

Quote by Dick View Post
    Sorry, like the others have said, this type pennant you show is the most commom of the fantasy junk pieces, value about five bucks.
    I'm not so sure it's that bad. Strangely, there seems to be a growing market for some of these old fantasy items among collectors. I have met several TR collectors who have a side collection of interesting fakes just for fun. I bet you could get somewhere between $20 and $30, maybe even $40 for it on a good day from someone who thinks it is an odd curiosity. Of course, if you spent big bucks on it as an original, the difference between $5 and $40 is pretty much meaningless in terms of recovering the loss.

Dick
    ?

I am going by what I have seen year after year at small and large militaria shows, seen them sit on the same guys table year after year, and a 5 or 10 buck tag, no sale. Funny thing is, the flea markets get more than militaria shows, simply because the customers don't know better.
    We are saying the same thing I guess.