Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband

Article about: Posted these as a reply in another post but didn't get a response. Just wanted others' input on if you think they're genuine or not. Im confident in the armband but have little experience wi

Bill Shea currently has this for sale; however another dealer says he thinks it's not good either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hauptamtschef Cuff Title, Ehrenwinkel and Armband
    P
    Many

These photos appear to be excellent reference material: Attention Required! | Cloudflare

?

Quote by Peter II View Post
    I received this very cuff title in the mail yesterday (The Collector's Guild)

Thanks for your posts, DrCMH. I'm confident you know your subject matter, so forgive my question. The cuff title below was sold by Ulric. The one in the post farther below is currently available for sale (also by Ulric). They seem similar to the one I just received, but perhaps I'm not knowledgeable enough to notice the differences. If the one in the original post is not authentic, then perhaps neither of these is either? What are your thoughts?

Attachment 1672697

Attachment 1672689

Attachment 1672690

Attachment 1672691

Attachment 1672692

Attachment 1672693
    Dear Peter,

These cuff titles tend to receive very mixed and, often, passionate opinions from those who collect them. In my response above to the original inquiry, a response that was borne from one of the final collegial discussions I had via email with Delich, FB, and others that centered on these cuff titles, I tried to convey what that discussion yielded. Mr. Delich was very methodical and linear in his breakdown of the assessment of the Pohl tunic and the questions surrounding that cuff title, as well as his comparison of items from his own collection with those that had recently appeared and were questioned in the various fora. Based upon the expertise of those in the discussion and what I learned from them, as well as any assessment skills I’ve picked up along the way, I stand behind my assessment of the cuff originally posted above.

I have seen Ulric’s Hauptamtschef cuffs discussed previously and there have been some salient points brought up regarding the RZM labels attached as well as the discrepancies from known examples with solid provenance. The WRF has some of these discussions in the SS forum you can find. For me, I wouldn’t feel comfortable with the ones offered by Ulric as the weave of the cloth band diverges too greatly from the hallmarks of those with provenance.

Hey DrCMH, you're the consummate gentlemen. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and with such perfect articulateness. I believe your right, this cuff title and that offered by Ulrich are not correct.

?

Thanks for your thanks. I hope everything works out to your satisfaction. Happy collecting and take care.

CMH

Well, for what it's worth, I feel the OP cuff title is probably legit. One thing that DrCMH failed to address is that the cuff title that was referenced in post #9 as sold by Ulrich was the exact one owned by Darrell Williams and featured in 2 books. The construction looks identical to me. So, if the OP cuff title is incorrect, then one has to say the ones featured in the reference books are incorrect as well. I fully understand the construction is different then on a known tunic like as posted in post #12. However, that can be accounted for because it is not on a Black SS tunic but rather the later field grey tunic, which didn't appear until after 1940 and they even did away with the Black tunics.. It is very possible that BOTH styles are correct. That there was a construction change over the years or just variances for varying tunics such as Dress, Black or Field grey. But to me, if the OP cuff title is incorrect then one must say the ones featured in the books are incorrect as well. Just my thoughts.

?

Ulric is a fraud,his cuffs are fakes,he adds 50/37 and 38/38 tags to both good and bad cufftitles.There are obvious jumble weave fakes on his site including Totenkopfverbande cuff.I made an entire post about his dealings and at least 40 pieces on his site bare the same cloth tags.50/37 and 38/38 which he has removed from armbands and has rolls of.He is a total scumbag scheister.

- - ------- - -

Oh and not just cuffs he adds the tags to tabs and diamonds and tunics and straps etc etc

Nick, it sounds like you had a bad dealing with Ulric. While that maybe unfortunate ,it does not address the issue at hand. The OP cuff title looks identical to the one Ulric had sold and where he states it is the actual cuff title photographed and used in two reference books. "Collecting Third Reich SS & Political Cuff Titles [Volume 1. Page 22], and Inside The Allgemeine-SS, [page 270]" So are you saying those books are not accurate and holding fakes up as being legitimate examples?

I exhaustively explored the alternate cuff titles sold by Ulrich and posted by the OP (those that didn't match the photos in DrCMH's post #5) and remain convinced that Dr. CMH and Nick E are correct. The Cuff Title posted by the OP is not good. I purchased one identical to the OP's from Peter Whammond who, after exploring it with his sources also concluded that it was bad and gladly accepted my return (He's the consummate dealer). I also consulted with "Charlie Farley" outside of WAF who has focused much of his 40-year collecting career on cuff titles. He too believes it to be bad. By extension, I also believe both cuff titles sold by Ulrich of England to also be bad, even though they are published.

I've learned to take what DrCMH and Charlie Farley to the bank. They know their subject matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2