Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviews

Article about: Hi, I was just going to go ahead and just grab these collar tabs without posting on the forum as they look good matches to pictures in my reference books and come with Lifetime Guarantee, fo

In my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviews  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviews
    P
    Many

Thanks Raymond for going to the trouble to upload those absolute mint tabs. Looking at yours side by side with the set I was looking at I'm getting more doubtful on these. Will be absolutely stunned if this dealer is selling off items that are questionable.

Looking at my set on the totenkopt in particular, the teeth look real mess and the bullion stitching all around the bones is all over the place compared to yours. May need to just look at some other items on my list and wait until a set comes up on the main dealers that is without doubt legit, if such a thing exists. Thanks again. dave.

SS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviewsSS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviews
    Last edited by NZ Allblacks; 05-09-2023 at 03:51 PM.

I do not like the Totenkopf and the reverse Buckram with the "Basket Weave" ....

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    I do not like the Totenkopf and the reverse Buckram with the "Basket Weave" ....
    This is for post #9, not the OP!!

It's unfortunate Glenn that my post was hijacked by another member as makes it a mess in my opinion.

Dave, the tab from Weitze looks ok but the quality is something that is lacking.

The tightness of the cross bones sure seem to be troublesome but you can clearly see the unterlargen (card board template that weavers lay the aluminum bullion over) at the bone extending from the 4 o'clock position & other areas highlighted in red. This shrinkage happens as bullion insignia ages and is typical. When this happens the weave loosens up.

The loose teeth bullion lay makes me wonder if this tab was machine washed at some point or the wearer was caught outside in rainfall. Highlighted in green.

While the teeth portion has traits of correct design it's sloppy in it's make. Aging perhaps?

Bottom line is I think it is original but have reservations about it.

I get really critical on this expensive insignia as when the day comes to sell the same questions arise from potential buyers. And with that kind of outlay financially you want the best that you can find.

Wietze makes mistakes, all dealers do so it's best to investigate and ask questions as you are doing before spending your hard earned dollars/pounds/euros on insignia that's lacking fine detail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptsturmführer collar tabs from dealer with very mixed reviews  

Many thanks Rich for your detailed reply. Much appreciated.

When I noticed the quality of the patches Raymond posted it became clear the ones I was looking at are crazy money given their quality even with their ranking. I like to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt regarding originality as they have a great reputation.

As you rightly point out the quality alone will affect future value and enough reason to walk away. Not something that will concern me in my lifetime but my intention is to have a small collection of nice pieces my young fella can take over and hopefully continue collecting or sell if he needs to.

Ah well, the hunt continues for next piece on the growing wants list. Curse this addictive hobby!
    Cheers, Dave.

Your Welcome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3