Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze

Article about: The Bundesarchiv has also placed on line the digital finding aid to the Persoenlicher Stab RFSS, known to some of you in the NARA microforms as T 175. This group of records now has a Bundesa

Default Re: SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I agree with you, the BA web design is is less than user friendly. But one shouldn't carp, this new flow of material is astounding. Unfortunately the Konkordanz section still doesn't relate to the T-175 roll designations. Anyway, I shall see what I can find as some of these documents sound extremely interesting.
    We look forward to what you can find. And all of this is more reason for you to finish your book, for which we will all be enthusiastic readers.
    Thanks and happy holidays.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze
    P
    Many

We are quite fortunate with the W.V.A. material as the university of Wisconsin did an admirable job copying much non-biographical material. The orders make interesting reading.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze  

thanks for this too. This microfilming must have been part of Robert Koehl's book, I think. His book is a must, as well. You will notice here under Ziffer 15 that Gluecks had rank in the Waffen SS, as well, something that puts the lie to those who declaim the delineation between fighting units and the concentration camp system.

Very well done, gentlemen.

Fascinating research, F-B, and excellent photos, Anders.

Though the second pattern eagles are generally considered to be the "1936 pattern," those of us who obsess over these pieces have long recognized that the 394-35 marking proves, as F-B stated, that at least one contract for their production was let in 1935. Some may have seen use before the end of 1935 in small numbers, as well. Nonetheless, as it still seems that the full fielding of this style did not occur until 1936, I have never felt that a redesignation in the collector community is called for.

However, I think that the 394-35 eagles are significant for another reason. The marking convention is that used when under direct contract with the SS, not that used when under contract with the RZM. Certainly the majority of eagles produced by the various makers show that they were produced under contract with the RZM. However the 394-35 eagle shows that the SS did not bother to go through the RZM to get their first batches of insignia.

Brad

Thanks for yours. The badge nonetheless has an RZM mark, but the point is valid that 394/35 is very much like other Verwaltungsamt SS contract markings, as seen here below.

One sees with this interior of a field cap and a black SS tunic for the LAH such VA contract numbers, as well, as in the case of the black tunic, dual contract numbers, i.e. a DX/XXXX RZM style Hersteller number and the corresponding VA contract number. The interior of the field cap is from the Wolfe Hardin treasures and the black uniform is courtesy Grenadier Military Antiques.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze   SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze  

Or here, the VA contract number one encounters frequently in the Kampfbinde markings ca. 1935
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze 

here in tunic, an early contract tag, courtesy of Bob Hritz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hoheitszeichen/Schirmmuetze  

?

As shown recently on this forum:

Seen here:

Cupal 393/35 ss cap eagle -- ok?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2