Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?

Article about: A local antique store came across this ring that he traded 2 WWII 1911's for. I explained to him that these things were heavily faked all the time but he believed the person when he said &qu

Default SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?

A local antique store came across this ring that he traded 2 WWII 1911's for. I explained to him that these things were heavily faked all the time but he believed the person when he said "A jeweler's friend of mine's grandfather took this off the guys in world war II"
    I just need to know what makes it a real give away that it is indeed fake... aside from what I think is the poor craftsmanship
    The ring says: "L.M Pillus 21-6-44 H.Himmler" I cannot make out the first two initials very well so it's a guess.
    Thanks for the help!
    SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor DeathHead Ring Fake?
    P
    Many

You are mis reading the inscription. Rings did not have initials engraved on them. What is does say is "S.lb" for "Seinem lieben".

The ring is heavily worn and the pics not great. But it appears good to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Poor photos ............ but good enough for me to be happy with this one as 100% original.

Recipient's name is 'Sillus'.

Probably SS-Ostuf - Hstuf rank, given the date.

There will not be many (if any) other SS officers with this name - so it is researchable.

hvm
    ?

That's a nice and valuable find. I would definitely do some research on the recipient name. Makes it even more desirable.

Thank you for the input. Is there a good website to use for the name? I've looked at several including "Traces of War" and cant find any name that resembles the inscription on the inside of the ring

Quote by TomServo View Post
    Is there a good website to use for the name?
    Unfortunately not.

Your best bet is to contact the Bundesarchiv (for their ex-BDC files on SS members).

Bundesarchiv Internet - Research on Nazi Germany

If you explain to them that you need this information for a research project, they should be able to help you.

Sillus is an uncommon name in Germany so there cannot have been many SS officers or men with that name.

The SS-DAL lists are not too helpful when it comes to researching junior officers, especially later in the war.

If the Bundesarchiv can provide you with the service details of SS officers and men named Sillus, the date on the ring should pin it down to one man.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 02-09-2023 at 11:11 PM.